Decided to Pick up the Bass

Write poems? Songs? Draw? Share your creative visions here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
djgucci528
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Decided to Pick up the Bass

Unread postby djgucci528 » 22 Apr 2010 21:30

Totally stealing Jstrew's thread here, but since seeing the pups live a few days ago, I decided I wanna rock out on the bass. I already have a guitar, and it's really just been an every once in a while thing for the year I've had it. i never got so into it that i practiced it every day, even though i took lessons for a couple of months. So my question is the same as Jstrew's: I need a good, entry level bass that wont break the bank (under $400 for me) Any suggestions?
Also, I have an Ibanez GTA15R amp that I got from a starter pack, do I need a new amp for the bass as well or will this one work?
Thanks a lot guys!

"I, I won't justify
The way I live my life
'Cause I'm the one livin' it
Feelin' it, tastin' it
And you're just wasting your time
Trying to throw me a line
When you're the one drowning
I like where I'm at on my back
Floating down in my own riptide
The water is fine"

Thank you Heather for my avatar :)

Hitman

Re: Decided to Pick up the Bass

Unread postby Hitman » 02 May 2010 21:19

When i started playing bass, i bought my self a Squier starter bundle, it came with a bass, amp, cord, tuner, like everything that you need to begin. It was about $300 Canadian that i bought it for and it was actually a good quality instrument. And to answer your question, you should use a bass amp with a bass because the speaker in a bass amp is made specific to playing low frequencies where as a guitar amp is not so your bass won't sound as good and also you risk blowing the speaker in a guitar amp if you use a bass. Hope that helps :)

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Inspired”