Prop.1 in maine

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jls07
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Prop.1 in maine

Unread postby jls07 » 03 Nov 2009 07:05

Hey guys, remember that whole prop.8 deal where california voted to take away the rights for gay couples to marry? Well Maine has prop.1 voting today which is the same thing. If you know anyone who lives in maine tell them to vote no on 1 or you know if you live in maine yourself...go vote!

As for anyone not in maine(like myself) what are your thoughts on this? I mean its taking rights AWAY...how is that fair?

Don't be obnoxious, mean, degrading, ect. just voice your opinions in a nice way, shouldnt be too hard...

Call me Jes!

Here since '08. Gotta love that Evanescence tour (;

Becky
Founder
Founder

Re: Prop.1 in maine

Unread postby Becky » 03 Nov 2009 10:42

Absolutely ridiculous. I can't see how they can say "yes, you can get married" then turn around and say "nevermind, your marriage is void, sorry!"

jls07
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby jls07 » 03 Nov 2009 11:41

That is exactly what i think. In CA people VOTED for this to happen! I could see maybe if it was a government decision(which would still be ridiculous...) but peope made the decision to take a right away....arnt laws suppose to work the other way around?

At least if anything like this gets brought to MA i'll finally be able to vote on it. Everytime something like this gets brought up ive always been to young to vote or really get involved now finally being 18 might pay off...

Call me Jes!

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 03 Nov 2009 13:20

I don't see why anyone anywhere is voting on basic human rights. :noclue:

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 03 Nov 2009 13:53

It's so ridiculous that this is still being fought for; it IS basic human rights. I blame religion/churches for the most part; I know for CA a LOT of the churches were absolute misleading/lying about Prop 8, such as just telling them to vote Yes on it without discussing the content, or saying if it passes every church would be FORCED to marry gay couples.

A few years later down the road all these ignorant bigots will look back and realize how wrong it was for them to deny people equal rights.

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

Zach
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Zach » 03 Nov 2009 15:15

One would think that with the exclusion from the DSM-IV-TR of homosexuality would influence political stances. However, has been my biggest qualm in a long time; if the bureaucrats responsible for making decisions that affect humanity are not going to accept the research that behavioural, social, and "hard" scientists have pursued, what is the point?

Christian
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Christian » 03 Nov 2009 17:08

I don't know any one in maine but that is just ridiculous! The government has no right to take away our first ammendment rights. No one has the right to deny gay couples there freedom of expression. I hope it doesn't pass. I have a gay friend and know a number of gay people and there just regular people like the rest of us. They have no right to be denied rights that our forefathers gave us. This subject is just touchy with me cause I have so many gay friends. Sorry to rant but I just wanted to express my displeasure with prop. 8 and prop.1. Hope it turns out and doesn't pass.

Why So Serious!

David
Ambassador Guardian
Ambassador Guardian

Unread postby David » 03 Nov 2009 19:16

I can't believe this is still an issue!!! It's 2009, :wall: I believe any two people have the right to get married. I don't care the gender or whatever...Sue me for being open minded.

Our parents battled the same thing, only it was a "white person" getting married to a "minority person" I think society will eventually except the gay marriage thing, but the battle is far from over.

I DO!!!!

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 04 Nov 2009 00:12

All I have left to say to those intolerant bigots:

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

jls07
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby jls07 » 04 Nov 2009 05:17

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-ge ... age.Maine/

I cannot believe people. I'm literally sitting in work right now about to cry. What is wrong with people? The more and more this keeps happening....idk....i hope by the time i want to get married, i can. I dont f*ck get people.

Call me Jes!

siberianknight
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby siberianknight » 07 Nov 2009 21:52

It's a shame.

I'm all in favor of gay rights, I know several and think it's a breech of their freedom of choice. Seriously, I read this before but had no real reason to comment (I know no one in Maine of legal age to vote, and don't live in Maine myself) but I think that this is just another way the world is heading on a very steady decline.

I really can't say how much I'm against people taking away Gay rights. There's simply no word in the dictionary that expresses it.

"You're not a judge
But if you're gonna judge me
Well, sentence me
To another life."

Return to “Random”