I need some advice....

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
Chris88
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: I need some advice....

Unread postby Chris88 » 30 Mar 2010 15:30

Slivarito
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Slivarito » 30 Mar 2010 16:42

Yeah... hardest part at first for me was chords :P I built up my finger strength and stuff by doing easier songs with power chords and fretting first, then messed around with other techniques and such. Really the main thing is getting over that period of about a month or whatever where you feel retarded trying to play haha.

As for guitars... depends on what you want. I'm kinda partial to Ibanez because that's my first. Nice metal sound... but for just all around? A Gibson, or specifically a Gibson Les Paul, is always an option if you have the money, but I really like Schecters too. They look nice, and have a great sound for being so relatively inexpensive.

Suppose I can post a link :D

Schecter: http://www.schecterguitars.com/domestic.asp

LET'S DO THIS!!!

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 30 Mar 2010 18:12

Chris88
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Chris88 » 30 Mar 2010 18:39

lol very true! but i cant afford a Gibson so i went with an Epiphone :smile:

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 30 Mar 2010 22:27

DropC
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby DropC » 07 Apr 2010 09:47

I prefer Epiphone vastly over Squire...

The next time they stop outside my f*cking house, I'm gonna drag them out the back door and...
*KnockKnock*
Who's there?
Max.
Max? Max who?
Makes no difference OPEN THE DOOR!
I lost the game.

ZangZadam31
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby ZangZadam31 » 08 Apr 2010 12:28

Thanks a lot guys! great advice, great websites! i'm just sitting here droolin' over the beautiful guitars... that i cant afford lol
And you're right Slivarito, i feel like a dummy...i'm just sitting here, and i keep saying "wait, wait, wait, wait" lol and ii'm thinking about getting this Ibanez guitar for $300, its beautiful and BLACK!!! :biggrin:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-ART1 ... 1173386.gc

I love it! Tell me what ya'll think...(hope the link works)

^ Thanks a million to /jessie <33 (You know what i like :D)

"When I'm sad, she comes to me..With a thousand smiles, she gives to me free.
It's alright she says it's alright.. Take anything you want from me, anything."... M & C (Loveys 1 N 2) 9*29*06

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/collection?id=1368990

Chris88

Unread postby Chris88 » 08 Apr 2010 16:31

yeah, that is a good looking guitar! i really like the humbuckers, and the silver on black, very nice!

Dagan_Rage
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Dagan_Rage » 08 Apr 2010 18:01

Dagan_Rage
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Dagan_Rage » 08 Apr 2010 19:22

Actually what also might help is actually SEEING playing styles.

sometimes tab is confusing (i cant read it) so i will go to youtube and look up stuff and then apply the methods.
It's helped me through the years.

for those of you higher advanced...look up "killrbuckeye" on youtube
he will make you wanna throw your gear away lol

DropC
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby DropC » 08 Apr 2010 21:50

SCHECTER!!
I have the Damien Special FR, and the Damien 6 :rock:
I really love Schecter.
And the Mark Tremonti PRS...
Umm...
:music:

The next time they stop outside my f*cking house, I'm gonna drag them out the back door and...
*KnockKnock*
Who's there?
Max.
Max? Max who?
Makes no difference OPEN THE DOOR!
I lost the game.

Slivarito
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Slivarito » 15 Apr 2010 12:11

LET'S DO THIS!!!

Dagan_Rage
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Dagan_Rage » 15 Apr 2010 21:21

ultimately you have to keep 1 major thing in mind and that is cost.

Some guitars are more expensive for a reason.
You will find an ibenez at musicians friend for 200 bucks...however its not gonna stay in tune and you will end up hating yourself for wasting your $

I STRONGLY SUGGEST you take your time, go to a local music store and start looking at the more expensive equipment to see how it feels and playes in your hands.
write the models down and their prices there at the store (go to different shops also)

When you have your list complete...get on the computer and start googling what you have...you will always find cheaper priced stuff online.

check out some pawnshops and ALLWAYS look at craigslist in the music instruments, you will find gear that is excellent in quality thats really cheap (i found a Gibson SG regularly $1800 for 500 bucks)

Ultimately be prepared to over the course of your musical hobby to shell out some major cash, Sinc i picked up the guitar 13 years ago i have owned...

at least 60 different guitars
27 amplifiers
12 speaker cabinets
11 different effects processors
countless pieces of rack gear (power conditioners-wireless units-tuners-ect)
im too scared to actuall think of how much $$ i spent lol....and i'm not done

Return to “Random”