Not Sick Puppies related......

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Munkeyfoot17
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Not Sick Puppies related......

Unread postby Munkeyfoot17 » 24 Sep 2009 08:17

I just started nursing school and am already feeling burnt!!! It's only been 3 weeks! I was wondering if there were any other nurses here? How did you deal with crazy hours and all the studying?

I have to go in and do vital signs tonight for the first time on a real patient and I'm very nervous!!!!

~Veronica~

"I don't care, no I wouldn't dare to fix the twist in you"

Zach
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: Not Sick Puppies related......

Unread postby Zach » 24 Sep 2009 08:37

Working on my doctorates (PhD/MD), so I understand the insane hours and studying. I would say that the best thing is to setup a system of rewards for yourself. For instance, something like "if I study consistently for the next hour, then I will go watch TV for 15 minutes."

Munkeyfoot17
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Munkeyfoot17 » 24 Sep 2009 08:42

~Veronica~

"I don't care, no I wouldn't dare to fix the twist in you"

Zach
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Zach » 24 Sep 2009 12:35

PhD in clinical child and adolescent psychology, and an MD in paediatrics. I think that there's a link to some of my research somewhere on the board (not quite sure where). The thing to remember is that you want to earn the degrees and certificates that will allow you to do what you want to do. If you try to earn them just to earn them, you will probably burn out and end up looking like this:

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Return to “Random”