Help a good cause

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mike
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Help a good cause

Unread postby Mike » 30 Nov 2009 20:47

Hey everyone,

Not to long ago I created a Sick Puppies blog to just mess around with, and with the help of a few people here (thanks Toni, Missy, and Katy) and one very talented artist (shout-out to Meri for the banner at the top) it actually looks like a real website.

As for the helping a good cause part, on the right side of the page is a widget called "Social Vibe" that allows people to raise money for charities of their choice. I asked Susanna, and she said that band would want to support "To Write Love On Her Arms." For those of you who don't know, the group helps those suffering from extreme depression and contemplating/attempting suicide. It's really easy and FREE to help raise money, just go to the site and click on the widget. In a couple of minutes of mindless clicking you can help fund about an hour of suicide prevention, so PLEASE go check out the site and the widget.

P.S. If anyone has any suggestions on the site and/or would like to post something on the site, just PM me. Remember though, it is still a work in progress.

Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: Help a good cause

Unread postby Donna » 01 Dec 2009 14:24

The site looks amazing -- kudos to all who participated in getting it up and running! I also did the activities and earned 52 minutes but the total minutes did not change on the site so I am not sure if it takes a little bit for it to update that area?

Let's all take a few minutes and get those numbers higher .. it is for a great cause and it doesn't take alot of time to earn the minutes!

I believe in nothing, not the day and not the dark. I believe in nothing but the beating of our hearts

RowdyJayJay
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: Help a good cause

Unread postby RowdyJayJay » 01 Dec 2009 15:48

The website is very exceptional! I enjoy reading the concert reviews and of course I absolutely love the fact that people are thinking about those who at the edge of their world and doing something to help. Thanks for pointing me to this link!

Jay

"When I die, I hope they don't cremate me 'cuz I'll burn forever."
Harry Caray circa 1983

Return to “Random”