I'm afraid of......

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
David
Ambassador Guardian
Ambassador Guardian
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

I'm afraid of......

Unread postby David » 20 Dec 2009 03:08

What do you fear the most?....

I'm afraid of bugs.....for some reason I'm most afraid of crickets and grasshoppers. Toss one of those on me and I'll scream like a girl. (no offense ladies)

I also can't stand heights, I freeze up.

Share your fears with me.

I DO!!!!

Cassandra
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: I'm afraid of......

Unread postby Cassandra » 20 Dec 2009 03:44

I'm afraid of spiders. I actually do scream like a little girl. :laugh: I'm also afraid of flying.

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 20 Dec 2009 07:32

Heights. Anytime I'm up somewhere high and can look down, I picture myself or other people falling over. It's weird, I can't control the visions no matter how much I try to push them out of my mind. Like the mall I go to, on the top floor it's open in the middle and you can look down all the way to the bottom, I can't stand it.

This almost ruined my vacation this year. I had to stay up against the wall, and if the kids got anywhere near it, I went ballistic. I spent a lot of time hyperventilating.:

Gabby
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Gabby » 20 Dec 2009 07:52

I am terrified of fish. I refuse to swim in the ocean when there's fish involved. Even tiny little minnows (you know, the ones that swim away from you?) have me up on a chair with my skirt up to my chin, screaming.

I haven't cleaned my poor betta's tank in months, I hate taking him out. He thrashes around in the net and I'm terrified he's going to jump out and land in my shirt or something.

:surprised:

Lisa
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Lisa » 20 Dec 2009 09:00

Snakes! I don't care if they are poisonous or not, they just freak me out.
Last edited by Lisa on 20 Dec 2009 13:06, edited 1 time in total.

Julie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Julie » 20 Dec 2009 09:32

Biggest fear is losing someone I care about.

I'm also scared of bugs measuring over about a 1/2". Give me snakes and rodents, but not an insect an 1" in length (and silverfish....lets not start there). One day I'll get over that fear and use my non-existent kung-fu ninja skills on them. :karate: :wink:

I also hate flying...I do it to get where I want to be, but hate every minute of it.

My theory is as such....70 year-olds of today swing dance at weddings, so at 70 we'll be moshing and head banging in walkers to Rage.

RowdyJayJay
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby RowdyJayJay » 20 Dec 2009 15:58

My biggest fear would be any of the rides or attractions at the local amusement park that I frequent in the summer called Indiana Beach. I'm not so sure they know what proper maintenance is of their machinery. I have noticed several cotter pins missing from key components, loose nuts, missing bolts and very scary looking mechanics with "prison tattoos", glass eyes, and very unkempt beards and a fondness of heavy cigarette smoking. When I was on the Ferris Wheel with my son one of the doors was stuck open on the car I was climbing into. The door was jammed on a piece of the wooden railing and prevented the operator from allowing the Ferris Wheel to spin. Rather than call a maintenance man to fix this "small detail" I just kicked the door really hard and it came free. The scary part is that I continued to ride it. Am I a glutton for punishment, or do I just have little in the way of brains, you decide. :wall:

"When I die, I hope they don't cremate me 'cuz I'll burn forever."
Harry Caray circa 1983

Melissa
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Melissa » 20 Dec 2009 18:26

I have tons!

Im afraid of heights - I love flying, but put me next to a window in a tall building and I freeze.

Bugs, or any other kind of critter (I have been known to climb on desk to get away from frogs) and roaches those HUGE tree ones just thinking about those gives me the willys

biggest one, failing or letting people down be it at work or at home.

7/6/07 (Houston) 11/29/09 (San Antonio) 11/30/09 (Houston) 5/3/10 (Houston) 7/17/10 (San Antonio) 7/21/10 (Houston)10/2/10 (Beaumont) 10/3/10 (Mobile, AL) 10/22/10 (Houston) 10/23/10 (Houston)

Stacey
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Stacey » 20 Dec 2009 18:43

Anything that naturally has less than 2 leg and more than 4.

Snakes are my worst....I literally vomit when I see them. I am better since having a little boy in my life. I can now see them on TV and not full on vomit...my tummy does turn a bit though. I actually threw up on my father in law once, because they killed a rattle snake and he had no idea and held it up saying "hey Stace look at the size of this one..." Projectile I tell you. Then there was the time I took my Step daughter to the Zoo. We were in the Rain forest exhibit and I made sure to have the people tell me where not to go, to void such a scene. Well Desiree and I both had our faces pressed clear up to the glass of this tank that we both thought had some kind of fish in it. Next thing you know this HUGE anaconda is looking me in the eye. Tossed her out of the way to bond with a trash can.

Sassy, Classy And A Little Smart Assy

5/31/07-Denver~8/5/08-Casper~8/20/08-Denver~9/8/09-CO Springs~9/9/09-Denver~10/23/09-Nashville~5/12/10-CO Springs~5/13/10-Denver~4/22/11-Casper~7/27/11-Cheyenne~10/16/11-Las Vegas~10/12/12-Casper~10/13/12-Denver~6/22/13-North Platte~9/3/13-Denver~12/13/13-CO Springs~3/10/14-Denver~5/1/16-Jacksonville~12/8/16-Omaha~3/2/17-Billings~4/30/17-Henderson, NV

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 20 Dec 2009 19:37

Umm.. snakes, spiders, bees, most bugs,

Most importantly losing someone I care about and/or death..

Shim: You don't like Rage Against the Machine?
Me: I like one song.
Shim: Which one?
Me: Bulls on Parade.
Shim: F%&* off! HAHA

patrickdron
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby patrickdron » 20 Dec 2009 20:26

I'm afread of bells. not all bells but like those libery bell type bells. those scare the everloving sh*t out of me I dunno why.

Hollee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Hollee » 20 Dec 2009 22:01

I'm afraid of a lot of things.

Spiders, deep water, heights, flying, clowns, rejection, failing, bugs, losing my family/close loved ones, and maggots.

Spiders, deep water, clowns, and heights are the biggest ones though.

Julie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Julie » 21 Dec 2009 19:51

My theory is as such....70 year-olds of today swing dance at weddings, so at 70 we'll be moshing and head banging in walkers to Rage.

siberianknight
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby siberianknight » 23 Dec 2009 23:05

Bees and (here's a strange one) skipping CD's.

Otherwise, I'm pretty good.

"You're not a judge
But if you're gonna judge me
Well, sentence me
To another life."

TheWatchman
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby TheWatchman » 24 Dec 2009 19:08

I'm afraid of hurting people, physically or emotionally.

I don't so much have a fear of heights, but rather the fear of falling (to me it's different). I have no problem being up at a high place, and I enjoy stuff like rapelling. I'm just afraid of accidently falling off said high places.

Crazzzy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Crazzzy » 25 Dec 2009 01:08

I'm affraid of people who are affraid! :cool:

Check out my band

Cody Lee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cody Lee » 25 Dec 2009 21:14

Heights..

and yes, I'm not afraid to admit I f*ck hate spiders. I don't mind snakes, bugs, hell I'd wrestle a bear lol. But I'm a panzy when it comes to spiders

"An idea is like a virus, resilient, highly contagious. The smallest seed of an idea can grow. It can grow to define, or destroy you."
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
Formerly known as Cakerz

Kara
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Kara » 27 Dec 2009 17:26

Hmm, I must be the weird one because I love spiders.
I'll pick them up, and play with them... Let them crawl on my hands. I love it.

But what really creeps me out is when someone stands too close to me or leans over me. Or when people put things to close to my eye.

"Angels lift me, Are you with me?"

Crazzzy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Crazzzy » 27 Dec 2009 23:16

I'm also affraid of being affraid...

Check out my band

ToniB
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby ToniB » 28 Dec 2009 07:45

Sudden loud noises. Including (but not limited to) balloons. I HATE balloons. My kids always want to play with them and I completely freak out :crazy: and tell them to get them away from me. I don't even like to be near balloons. Weird, I know... :noclue:

Hey, it's gonna be okay. Hey, we're gonna laugh at this one day.

Return to “Random”