Hey Guys Have A Question

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
sickpup24
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Hey Guys Have A Question

Unread postby sickpup24 » 09 Jan 2010 21:10

Idk Where else to place this but Thought this Be a Good Place

Im wanting to know if anyone knows what kind of Guitar Strings Shim uses for his acoustic guitar? im hunting down strings and if you dont know are their any strings you would recommend?

TOOLsynesthesia
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: Hey Guys Have A Question

Unread postby TOOLsynesthesia » 10 Jan 2010 21:16

What kind of acoustic are you working with, and how often do you play? I recommend Elixir Phosphor Bronze (or just Bronze) with Nanoweb coating. I personally am unsatisfied with the Elixir strings with Polyweb coating (dampens my sound). Elixir strings run expensive, comparatively. So if you can't get those, I've found that DR Extra Life strings are worth it. Either brand lasts a while.

I tell the earth, "thanks for the hair, thanks for the skin, thanks for the bone",
Though I now slowly give it back I still appreciate the loan.

-Jeffrey Lewis

sickpup24
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby sickpup24 » 11 Jan 2010 14:02

Nothing Fancy but ive been playing for years

TOOLsynesthesia
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby TOOLsynesthesia » 11 Jan 2010 16:36

Well, if you wear your strings out quickly, extra life strings are kind of a must. Just try out a couple and figure out what sounds best, I suppose. My acoustics are folk sized, so they don't seem to ring out as clearly with a thick protective coating on the strings. And I use light gauge strings, but I don't tune down (for the most part).

I tell the earth, "thanks for the hair, thanks for the skin, thanks for the bone",

-Jeffrey Lewis

siberianknight
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby siberianknight » 11 Jan 2010 18:21

I've always liked Ernie Ball. I always got a pleasing tone from them. They came stock with some cheap strings and I got Ernie Ball Earthwood? I think? for Christmas and noticed a very pleasing tone compared to the old ones.

That's just my two cents though. I'm sure TOOL knows more than me, and I haven't gotten the chance to try out lots of strings. XD

"You're not a judge
But if you're gonna judge me
Well, sentence me
To another life."

TOOLsynesthesia
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby TOOLsynesthesia » 12 Jan 2010 12:44

Hey, I forgot about those! Ernie Ball strings seem to sound good on larger-bodied acoustics. Really clean sound.

-Jeffrey Lewis

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Random”