Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
stephb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Unread postby stephb » 21 Jan 2010 16:04

Ok all you adults...I soooo want to tell my mom to f* off. I am a freakin adult. I am actually probably older than a lot of you but anyway she still tries to tell me what to do. She comments on everything about how I am making the wrong choices and perhaps this is why your boss is mad at you etc. Dang I haven't lived at home in years and am married now. I don't even live in the same state! But I still hear it. Part of me just wants to tell her to f* off and not ever talk to her. Sorry just needed to vent.

Steph

Sam
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Unread postby Sam » 23 Jan 2010 07:40

:hug: Sorry to hear about that. My mom does the same thing not as bad though. Usually I get to the point where if she does it too much I snap at her, she snap back, and we don't talk for a few days and everything is find again. I wouldn't stop talking to her completely that is your mom, you know. But I would try talking to her about and see if that would help.

Mandi
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Mandi » 23 Jan 2010 08:11

If I were you, I would do the adult-like thing and explain to your mom--respectfully as possible--that you appreciate her advice on the matters at hand, but you ARE an adult, your own person and if the choices you are making that might be wrong for her are right for you. If it turns out they really are wrong for you, you need to learn from your own mistakes to grow as an individual.

Getting snippy or catty won't help anything. She is your mother and life is too short to burn bridges with her (or anyone else for that matter)

Hope that helps...

Mandi

Sam
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Sam » 23 Jan 2010 09:14

Julie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Julie » 23 Jan 2010 10:00

My theory is as such....70 year-olds of today swing dance at weddings, so at 70 we'll be moshing and head banging in walkers to Rage.

stephb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby stephb » 08 Feb 2010 19:36

Thanks everyone.

Steph

Katy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Katy » 09 Feb 2010 05:01

I'm sure she has your best interests at heart but I agree that you should speak up about how you feel. :hug: I hope today is a better day for you.

Return to “Random”