Life is Crazy...

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Pwneress
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Life is Crazy...

Unread postby Pwneress » 19 Feb 2010 14:55

Wow, well to start things off I wasn’t sure whether to post this or not, and well I thought I’d share this with everyone. I know this will be long but it would mean the world to me if you read it.

This will begin as sort of a background story.
I started dating a guy named Blake back in my Junior year, I met him my sophomore year in Spanish and even though I was “taken” by someone else me and him started developing feelings for one another but denied it, and, we flirted…a lot. Later, towards the end of my Junior year, the guy I was dating broke up with me, and even after not have talked to Blake for almost my entire Junior year because of my boyfriend of that time not liking him.. Once he found out I was once again single…everything began.
Two of my friends kept telling me to talk to him and that he liked me and stuff but at that moment I though it was just to early for me to jump into another relationship, but after him trying for a few weeks...I caved.
How did this happen you may ask?
Well, we were hanging out with the two friends that had initially started this whole thing between me and Blake and, we were on our way to drop Blake off at home before 10:00 PM and we pulled over at a park by his house, we sat on a bench and my other two friends sat on another bench. We talked and after little conversation he asked to by his girlfriend. I remember feeling all those so called “butterflies” inside, it was amazing.
Anyway a year and a few months into out relationship after so much we had already been through, things got bad and in the end he decided to enlist…in the Marines.
A few weeks before he left we got into a huge fight, we broke up. So many things happened that well honestly I try to block out and that he does too. But the point to this is that we got back together 3 days before he left to boot camp, honestly I didn’t even know he was going to be leaving THAT soon, but he had called me to go over to his house and I could’ve opted to flake out on him like he did on me a few times but something in my heart told me to go, I now know that if I hadn’t gone, I wouldn’t have seen him before he left for those 3 months.
Since he left to boot camp on, not the best of terms with me and his family, things were tough, I cried myself to sleep so many times, I doubted myself, I doubted what me and Blake had (being lonely doesn’t help at all). When those three months came… I was happy but it was weird, and things were weird for a while, but to leave out all the bad stuff…He graduated boot camp as a PFC not as a Private since he got promoted. He got an extra 7 days to be on leave, 7 of those days he would be a recruiter’s assistance. Those days flew by so fast, and now he’s at MOS, so many things have happened between us recently and everything that has happened, but one thing remains true and always will, we love each other.
He came down for a few days last weekend and they were the most amazing…why? Well as much as I don’t care for Valentines, this year it was special. Me and Blake were together and right before we were going to go to the movies, his sister called and wanted food so we went to do that and when we were leaving from dropping it off he pulled over at the park next to his house were he had originally asked me to be his girlfriend, he had me get off and sat me on the same bench. He then went on to saying that that place was special and this whole other stuff, a small speech if you may, he then asked me to be his wife. The funny thing is that since he had no time to get a ring, he re-gave me a nice little Disneyland ring he had given me a while back, he IS going to get me a “real” ring and when he does that I told him he has to propose again. =P
He knew he wanted to do it but he just didn’t have a ring, but that didn’t stop him and it didn’t stop me from saying yes. Although we are young, and despite what people think, both he and I know that we want to be with each other for the rest of our lives. Just like there’s no color, race, or gender for love, I believe there is no age. Maturity is what matters and honestly I think both Blake and I have that. Whether you think badly of our military or not, they made my Blake a better person and he’s changed into an even more amazing Man. I get so much bulls*** from my family so it’s like whether you support what he’s doing or not, respect it. He’s going to be deploying to Afghanistan in October and since I have no support from my family, I haven’t even told them about Blake’s and I engagement. Our engagement will be long, and he wants to get a real ring and also he wants to be the one to tell my mom...in Spanish, and even though I met him in Spanish class, he doesn’t really know much so he wants to learn how to tell her.
It’s really hard, dealing with all this, I want to be with him and I can’t. I’m not complete unless I’m with him and since he’s gone a lot I’m often left incomplete. It sucks not having anyone understand near you. My family, all they do is criticize. The reason for my absence? I’ve been really lonely and feeling all these emotions and thus have been communicating with other Marine girlfriends/fiancées to help me through this. I can’t begin to tell you how I’m going to feel when deployment comes, he’s going to be out there risking his life…without me. When that time comes, regardless of your religion, please pray.
[Right now he's at MOS, in Camp Pendleton, few times he'll be lucky and I'll be able to see him]

(At MOS, while practicing throwing grenades, some idiot messed up and it lead to Blake being hurt, thankfully it wasn’t too bad since he reacted fast. But just knowing his life was already at risk and he hasn’t even left to Afghanistan…scares me, A LOT.)
I didn’t expect all of this to happen when I first said yes to being his girlfriend but, now that it has, I’m not going anywhere, I love him and will be waiting for him every time.
Now the reason I spilled all this, not only am I happy for my engagement but I guess I’m reaching out for understanding. I’m going through a lot and will go through even more, I just need all my friends on here to just be there for me. I don’t want to sound needy but it’s just the truth. And please excuse my long absences at times, when that happens it’s for a reason.

Thank you everyone and when the time finally comes, to some of you…expect invitations in the mail..and I better see your asses here! =]

Love you guys!

Love & always,
-Gigi
Last edited by Pwneress on 19 Feb 2010 15:10, edited 1 time in total.

Becky
Founder
Founder
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Life is Crazy...

Unread postby Becky » 19 Feb 2010 15:06

Congratulations Gigi! I hope everything works out for you two...it's gotta be insanely hard to be apart like that.

Pwneress
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Pwneress » 19 Feb 2010 15:08

Sheila
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Sheila » 19 Feb 2010 15:10

Pwneress
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Pwneress » 19 Feb 2010 16:27

ToniB
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby ToniB » 19 Feb 2010 18:53

Congratulations Gigi! I feel bad that you don't get to enjoy some of the fun of being engaged, because ring or not, you are engaged!

I completely agree that there was something very special about the two of you and what you have. I wish you all the best in the world, and rest assured that I will be praying for Blake's safety when he leaves. You have lots of family here that are pulling for you.

:hug:

Hey, it's gonna be okay. Hey, we're gonna laugh at this one day.

Pwneress
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Pwneress » 19 Feb 2010 19:11

Julie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Julie » 19 Feb 2010 19:17

I can't imagine how hard it must be, but nonetheless congrads on your engagement! :smile:

My theory is as such....70 year-olds of today swing dance at weddings, so at 70 we'll be moshing and head banging in walkers to Rage.

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 19 Feb 2010 19:54

Gigi, Congratulations on the engagement! If you need someone to talk to I can see if I can get my sister in touch with you. She dealt with the same not too long ago.

Shim: You don't like Rage Against the Machine?
Me: I like one song.
Shim: Which one?
Me: Bulls on Parade.
Shim: F%&* off! HAHA

Pwneress
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Pwneress » 19 Feb 2010 20:03

Kemmy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Kemmy » 19 Feb 2010 21:32

Congratulations on your engagement, Gigi. I'm really happy for you and Blake. It's true, there's something special about the two of you.

I hope your family turns around, so that you can get some more of the support you need. And remember that you have it here, too. :hug:

Pwneress
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Pwneress » 19 Feb 2010 21:52

nicolenice
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby nicolenice » 23 Feb 2010 15:42

Awww Gigi congrats hun, I hope you two can make it threw this without many problems, we are here if you need support, and as your family they will not always like your decisions but if you plan on a long engagement dont worry about telling them right away take your time.

Sorry about Afgan in Oct. Same here, try not worrying about that till it gets here it can actually put a strain on the relationship. but congrats again and Semper Fi :wink:

Mari
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Mari » 23 Feb 2010 15:55

Congratulations on the engagement Gigi!

You sound amazingly strong, I sincerely hope that will not desert you and we're all here for you! :hug:

~Mari~

Katy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Katy » 23 Feb 2010 17:35

Congratulations Gigi! And BIG :hug: for you!

Kudos to you as well! Personally, I'm way too clingy to stand being away from my spouse for such long periods of time. I can't fathom what that must be like. :noclue:

Return to “Random”