I need some advice....

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
ZangZadam31
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

I need some advice....

Unread postby ZangZadam31 » 08 Mar 2010 09:09

I'm learning the guitar and I'm having a hard time picking tabs to learn. I started learning "In Bloom" by Nirvana, which I think I'm doing a okay job but once I learn that I know I will be stuck. I dont know why I'm bouncing around but I want to learn some other people but I'm not sure. People like Coheed and Cambria, MCR, Silverchair, and (of course) The Pups
Any guitar players can you throw a couple songs my way and maybe some tips and advice cause I'm kinda teaching myself....THANKS

PS - Sorry if I sound like I"m all over the place...Washing clothes, running around my house and trying to be online is hard Lol :laugh:

^ Thanks a million to /jessie <33 (You know what i like :D)

"When I'm sad, she comes to me..With a thousand smiles, she gives to me free.
It's alright she says it's alright.. Take anything you want from me, anything."... M & C (Loveys 1 N 2) 9*29*06

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/collection?id=1368990

DropC
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: I need some advice....

Unread postby DropC » 08 Mar 2010 14:33

Awesome! Well, from experience, the hardest basic technique I had to learn was strumming, believe it or not. Go for Never Too Late by TDG. Very easy to learn, and satisfying to play. Try learning the piano intro to Black Parade too, it's fairly simple.

Going Down is the easiest Pups song to learn.

The next time they stop outside my f*cking house, I'm gonna drag them out the back door and...
*KnockKnock*
Who's there?
Max.
Max? Max who?
Makes no difference OPEN THE DOOR!
I lost the game.

David
Ambassador Guardian
Ambassador Guardian
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby David » 08 Mar 2010 14:55

The hardest thing I struggled with was probably memorizing the chords and being able to "snap" to them without having to remember where my fingers went. I think the best was to learn that (at least the way that worked for me) is to take your fret hand off the chord, work one chord at a time at first. Think C chord, make a C chord with your hand, strum to make it's right....then take your hand back off the guitar. Just go from not having your hand on the guitar to making a chord.....repeat this around a million times per chord. Does that make any sense??

I would recommend learning Good Riddance by Green Day, that one isn't to bad, and will teach you a lot of common chords.

I DO!!!!

Julie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Julie » 14 Mar 2010 17:19

My theory is as such....70 year-olds of today swing dance at weddings, so at 70 we'll be moshing and head banging in walkers to Rage.

Crazzzy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Crazzzy » 14 Mar 2010 23:04

Learn how to play Rage Against the Machine songs. They are fairly simple to learn, but really teachs you some fundementals. And you can tell the difference between the bass and the guitar real easily. When the Guitar gets all weird just learn the bass line. That way you can learn the song fairly fast and then be able to play along with the CD to learn timing.

Biggest piece of advice I have is playing Spider excercises. Go to youtube and look up Spider Excercise for guitar. These are boring but it's the equivilent of "Running" for your fingers. It builds up your finger strength and your muscle memory. Also it will help you make the common mistake of not using your pinky on your fret hand...YOU NEED THE PINKY :laugh:

Check out my band

ChewieRamone
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby ChewieRamone » 15 Mar 2010 20:52

good riddance is what i was gonna subbest :P. smells like teen spirit is also a great one for beginners, because it works with palm muting, as well as a simple solo.

signature made by danarap12 :)

ZangZadam31
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby ZangZadam31 » 23 Mar 2010 11:30

THANKS EVERYONE! helpful advice...my boyfriend been playing guitar for years and ive been asking him about some things but i mainly want to on my own :)
and the pinky thing, crazzzy, it hurts like mutha...... no pain no gain :laugh:

It's alright she says it's alright.. Take anything you want from me, anything."... M & C (Loveys 1 N 2) 9*29*06

Lyzz
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Lyzz » 23 Mar 2010 12:21

If you want to be able to play a song immediately without having to memorize all the chords, I'd go with something by blink 182. The first song I learned was 'All The Small Things'. The strumming is pretty quick, but it's 100% power chords, which means it's one chord formation just played on different frets. The intro is super easy but really recognizable, so you'll have something to show off right away...which I know I LOVED (and still do...) to do. It's a good one to have when you tell someone you play and you get the old 'play something I know!' :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Crazzzy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Crazzzy » 23 Mar 2010 17:05

Check out my band

ZangZadam31
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby ZangZadam31 » 27 Mar 2010 21:48

A couple years ago, my big bro got me guitar but at the time i wasnt serious about so i gave it to my boyfriend and now he wont give it back because its apart of some so-called collection :wall: so i need a guitar thats going to shat all over the one i gave him....any ideas?

DropC
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby DropC » 28 Mar 2010 08:22

The next time they stop outside my f*cking house, I'm gonna drag them out the back door and...
*KnockKnock*
Who's there?
Max.
Max? Max who?
I lost the game.

ZangZadam31
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby ZangZadam31 » 28 Mar 2010 09:16

Drop C...its beautiful...got one in green? :laugh: i love Shim's guitar and i wanted that one in green but i didnt want to be a copycat :shame:

DropC
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby DropC » 28 Mar 2010 16:41

*KnockKnock*
Who's there?
Max.
Max? Max who?
I lost the game.

ZangZadam31
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby ZangZadam31 » 29 Mar 2010 20:24

Awww the black one is kick-ass :rock: now all i need is 800.00 :laugh: thanks DropC :angel:

Chris88

Unread postby Chris88 » 29 Mar 2010 20:36

you can also find some sweet deals on www.guitarcenter.com they have low prices on some nice guitars!

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 29 Mar 2010 21:16

DropC
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby DropC » 30 Mar 2010 09:53

I hate Fender, and even I like those tele's...

*KnockKnock*
Who's there?
Max.
Max? Max who?
I lost the game.

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 30 Mar 2010 10:27

DropC
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby DropC » 30 Mar 2010 10:56

Alvarez, Gibson, and PRS are awesome. I mainly hate Fender because of the Strats. I really like Musicmans and Schecters too =3

*KnockKnock*
Who's there?
Max.
Max? Max who?
I lost the game.

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 30 Mar 2010 12:30

Yea, I don't like the strats either.

Return to “Random”