Bill Gates' Rules for Life

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Bill Gates' Rules for Life

Unread postby angelbear425 » 10 Mar 2010 12:14

While subbing today the teacher had this on display in her room. I thought it was AWESOME and wanted to share it here. These are really good rules to live by.

1. Life is not fair- get used to it!

2. The world won't care about your self esteem. The world will expect you to accomplish something BEFORE you feel good about yourself.

3. You will NOT make $60,000 a year right out of high school. You won't be a vice-president with a cell phone until you earn both.

4. If you think your teacher is tough, wait until you get a boss.

5. Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your grandparents has a different word for burger flipping- they called it opportunity.

6. If you mess up, it's not your parents fault, so don't whine about your mistakes, learn from them.

7. Before you were born, your parents weren't as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes, and listening to you talk about how cool you thought you were. So before you save the rain forest from the parasites of your parent's generation, try delousing the closet in your own room.

8. Your school may have done away with winners and losers, but life has not. In some schools they have abolished failing grades and they'll give you as many times as you want to get the right answer. This doesn't bear the slightest resemblance to ANYTHING in real life.

9. Life is not divided into semesters. You don't get summers off and very few employers are interested in helping you FIND YOURSELF. Do that on your own time.

10. Television is NOT real life. In real life people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go get jobs.

11. Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.

Shim: You don't like Rage Against the Machine?
Me: I like one song.
Shim: Which one?
Me: Bulls on Parade.
Shim: F%&* off! HAHA

Katy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Bill Gates' Rules for Life

Unread postby Katy » 10 Mar 2010 12:59

Thanks for posting that, Jami! I laughed hard at a couple of them. :biggrin:

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 10 Mar 2010 13:04

Don't you find it funny that people are like that? lol :laugh:

I think that they are sooo true. Sooo many people I have met think they are entitled to all these things and they just want them handed over instead of working hard to receive them. :smile:

Shim: You don't like Rage Against the Machine?
Me: I like one song.
Shim: Which one?
Me: Bulls on Parade.
Shim: F%&* off! HAHA

Amira_Zoe
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Amira_Zoe » 13 Mar 2010 12:56

Hehehe, this is funny indeed. And true.

Are you even worth it
Or just a waste of time
Are you even worth it
Don't be playing games with my mind

Freedomfight3r
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Freedomfight3r » 16 Mar 2010 18:13

Don't forget my favorite: "When you download firefox, you're downloading communism."

Return to “Random”