Congrats America!

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Congrats America!

Unread postby Serge » 21 Mar 2010 22:55

Health care reform, maybe there's still hope for the future after all; a historic day! :)

Oh, and sign the bon voyage card for Costa Rica-bound Rush Limbaugh. http://www.dccc.org/page/s/rushfarewell

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

Becky
Founder
Founder
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Congrats America!

Unread postby Becky » 22 Mar 2010 05:37

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 22 Mar 2010 11:18

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 22 Mar 2010 11:49

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

Lyzz
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Lyzz » 22 Mar 2010 12:28

I suggest an alternate dimension where he has to walk around with pine needles stuck in his socks. Has that ever happened to you? MOST ANNOYING THING EVER!!! :wall: :laugh:

Chris88

Unread postby Chris88 » 22 Mar 2010 16:16

i have never had them in my socks, but i have stepped on some with bare feet...not fun when they are pointy and dryed out

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 22 Mar 2010 18:33

Mike
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Mike » 23 Mar 2010 12:06

I vote we send him to Cuba to live with the communists. That would be the ultimate irony. Seriously though, it's about time the Dems got their backbone back and actually did this. A guy I go to school with and myself are considering trying to put together a rally in Washington D.C. in favor of passing a separate public option. We want to show the politicians that the job isn't done yet. This is by no means universal health care, and we can't let the politicians forget that health care for all, not just 32 of the roughly 45 million people who are uninsured, was the ultimate goal. If anybody is interested, I'll post back here when we have more details fleshed out.

DropC
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby DropC » 23 Mar 2010 14:45

But, the plan MAKES people who don't have it buy it...
Am I the only one here who doesn't support it?

The next time they stop outside my f*cking house, I'm gonna drag them out the back door and...
*KnockKnock*
Who's there?
Max.
Max? Max who?
Makes no difference OPEN THE DOOR!
I lost the game.

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 23 Mar 2010 16:05

Gabby
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Gabby » 23 Mar 2010 16:11

I am completely ignorant to what's going on. Can someone find a decent article that easily explains things to us st00pids? :noclue:

Katy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Katy » 23 Mar 2010 17:50

I don't really want to claim that I know enough about it to really say whether or not I support it. With that being said, some of the points of the bill that I've heard on various news shows seem really beneficial to the country (for example: what Becky said, about kids needing to see a doctor on a regular basis) but there has seemed to be a lot of talk about "secret" things that are hidden in the bill and aren't being brought to attention. It makes me curious but not enough to go read it myself, if that makes sense.

Also, random question: I watched Obama sign the bill today and he did so by using several different pens, seeming to write only one letter with each before switching to the next one. Does anyone know why he did it like that?

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 23 Mar 2010 18:00

Gabby
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Gabby » 23 Mar 2010 18:32

DropC
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby DropC » 23 Mar 2010 18:37

I don't suppose there's an unbiased article out there? I'm fairly sure Republicans aren't out to kill every American out there just for the heck of it...
=P

The next time they stop outside my f*cking house, I'm gonna drag them out the back door and...
*KnockKnock*
Who's there?
Max.
Max? Max who?
Makes no difference OPEN THE DOOR!
I lost the game.

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 23 Mar 2010 18:45

Gabby
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Gabby » 23 Mar 2010 18:53

^^ Other countries are in far better condition than we are. We're shaky as it is, and this is a big deal. I'm not saying it's going to epically fail, but there is a fair chance it might not work.

I think the idea in general sounds wonderful, if it works. Communism sounded good on paper and look how that turned out.

Mike
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Mike » 23 Mar 2010 20:55

The mandate sucks, but it is the only way to actually force companies to not refuse people on the basis of pre-existing conditions. The bill also allows anybody to stay on there parents insurance until 26, creates government subsidies for those that can't afford insurance, gets rid of lifetime limits on benifits, makes it illegal to rescind your policy along with a whole slew of other great things. I will take all that good and more with a little bad.

As for signing the bill with many pens, it was 22 to be exact and they will actually be put on plaques and displayed. They do it with most big bills.

ToniB
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby ToniB » 24 Mar 2010 04:25

I don't know that much about it either, I just hope it doesn't screw with those people who already have "good" medical insurance. I also hope it helps out those who didn't have any before, especially children.

Hey, it's gonna be okay. Hey, we're gonna laugh at this one day.

Mike
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Mike » 24 Mar 2010 06:39

Return to “Random”