Needing to Vent

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
wrxracer24
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Needing to Vent

Unread postby wrxracer24 » 24 Mar 2010 16:18

I made a simple but costly mistake at work today and I'm beating myself up about it :wall: I kinda dropped the ball on a important bill. I've got too many things on my plate and it slipped my mind. I had a gut feeling a few weeks ago that something didn't feel right, like I was missing something but I just ignored it. My mother who also is my business partner just kinda schrugs it off like no big deal. :angry: We bought the business as a 50/50 partnership and it always seems that I'm the one doing at least 75-80 percent of the work. She always comes up with excuses why she can't do this or that (too old, too short, not good with computers, etc..the list can go on and on) It's like the business comes 2nd to her. She makes me sooooooooo frustrated I don't know what to do anymore. I know she's my mother but when we are at work she is my business partner. I think she has a hard time separating the 2. It seems like no one cares about the business the way that I do. We purchased the business turnkey from the previous owners 5 yrs ago and we knew it needed updating and some work. I've had to create the website, marketing, displays, all bookkeeping meetings w/accountants, as well as be sales clerk, designer, and sometimes even delivery driver. And what frustrates me even more is that the fact that I'm a 26yr old female people don't take me seriously and think that I'm some punk kid that they can push around. You know the saying if you want something done right, you better do it yourself? Yeah that pretty much fits my life. WELCOME TO MY WORLD :evillaugh: I've got so many things that need to be finished, started, or could be getting done but there is just not enough time. :cry: I've got all these dreams for the business but at this rate they'll never become reality. So I came home from work really bummed and just generally pissed off went to youtube.com my favorite place in the whole wide world well next to the worldcrew that is and played the video for pitiful where Shim says "don't ever ever ever give up"..... now i feel a little better. I almost want to say screw you mom and not bring her to the concert just a few weeks away, but i already bought and received the tickets. I thought it would be nice for her to see what I talk about all the time and for her to meet the pups. It seems like everyone around me don't seem to have passion for anything anymore. I have passion for my business and my job and for music :music: I just feel so fricken alone but I'm between a rock and a hard place. Thanks for letting me vent. Do any of you have similar instances in your own lives?

You think it's all just playing, fun and games
You're treating it like a joke
Some people say they wanna be me
This life can be very deceiving
It's just your state of mind

ckiemnstr345
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: Needing to Vent

Unread postby ckiemnstr345 » 24 Mar 2010 18:12

I would suggest talking to your mom rationally and inteligently about what she needs to improve on. If you do it calmly and not in a mean way she should pay attention to you. If not you might want to consider buying her half of the business and start looking to hire people to help you since you'll be controlling all of the assets.

If buying her out isn't an option you can always correct her diffencies in a nice way instead of bottling your frustration and eventually blowing up in her face. If she says she doesn't know how to work something on the computer make her watch you while you do it and make her learn. After showing her a few times make her do it herself. The height problem is easily fixed by getting a two foot step ladder from Home Depot or somewhere like that. As far as being too old to do something tell her that the more she stays active now, the longer she will live and she will have a higher quality of life during that time.

Just remember to do all this in as nice a was as possible and don't make her feel stupid or inferior in any way or she won't want to do it.

Achieving total skin coverage one tattoo at a time.

wrxracer24
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby wrxracer24 » 24 Mar 2010 18:29

You think it's all just playing, fun and games
You're treating it like a joke
Some people say they wanna be me
This life can be very deceiving
It's just your state of mind

ckiemnstr345
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby ckiemnstr345 » 24 Mar 2010 19:08

Parents don't really pay attention to the pain and frustration they cause their kids. Most parents think they know more about everything then their kids just because they have been alive longer. I feel lucky that my parents actually don't feel that way.

Achieving total skin coverage one tattoo at a time.

Return to “Random”