hi, my name is : odd 1

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
pandorasjinx
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

hi, my name is : odd 1

Unread postby pandorasjinx » 16 Nov 2010 08:51

i have heard many good things about this site, that no one judges another. however, right now, id appreciate honest, blunt feedback. i need help putting the pieces of the puzzle together because i have been unsuccessful on my own so far.

i walk into a room, and all eyes fall on me..as if the only thing horribly out of place...is me. why must i feel obligated to say I COME IN PEACE? is it such a crime to be quiet, or shy?? maybe there IS something wrong with that picture, maybe the problem IS me.

im always on the outside, looking in, yearning to be accepted for being different. im beginning to h8 people (except for the SICK PUPPIES!!).. i dunno what to do. i know it would help if i changed, but ive tried. cant do it. i h8 always having to be the one to change; its not fair!....

stephb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: hi, my name is : odd 1

Unread postby stephb » 16 Nov 2010 09:01

Unfortunately many people feel this way...out of place and on their own. I feel the same way. If it wasn't for this board I feel I would be totally on my own. Sorry I can't add more words of encouragement right now. I am feeling much the same way right now and basically just want to cry. The only thing I know is that I don't feel you (or I) need to change to fit into other people's way of thinking. Perhaps that is my stubborness saying that way and possibly leads me to be more alone.

Steph

pandorasjinx
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby pandorasjinx » 16 Nov 2010 09:20

[quote="stephb"The only thing I know is that I don't feel you (or I) need to change to fit into other people's way of thinking. .[/quote]

very true.. You, however, seem to have accomplished more than I could imagine of doing in that plight; you're an Ambassador!!! I would love to do the same but I'm just not a people person. Keep up the gr8 work tho mama and thanks for replying :)

stephb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby stephb » 16 Nov 2010 09:41

I am not really a people person either. It just depends and who it is and what I need to be talking about. If you want to be an ambassador you can learn about it and apply if you choose. Read to learn about ambassador duties. A VAST majority of the stuff I do is online which helps out with the people person stuff. I love being an ambassador. Honestly if it wasn't for my ambassdor friends and helping out where I can I'd probably be held up in my apartment.

Steph

Cody Lee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cody Lee » 16 Nov 2010 13:01

Unfortunately the price of being different is that small minded people or people who just can't accept anything "different" will always judge/shun/etc. You're talking to someone who dresses very "rockish" or different for the small little country town that I live in. I had a mohawk for years and wore eyeliner, can believe how well that went without everyone else here wearing cowboy hats and listening to country. I know this is VERY much easier said than done but just worry about how you think of yourself and not what others do. Screw anyone who would not like you the way you are

"An idea is like a virus, resilient, highly contagious. The smallest seed of an idea can grow. It can grow to define, or destroy you."
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
Formerly known as Cakerz

stephb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby stephb » 16 Nov 2010 13:36

Steph

-G-
SP Merch
SP Merch

Unread postby -G- » 16 Nov 2010 18:36

The following commentaries are for entertainment purposes only. The view and opinions expressed herein are those of the demented individual and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of Sick Puppies or any of their respective affiliates or employees. Parental discretion is advised. Look both ways when crossing the street and don't forget to wash your hands every time you use the restroom. In case of fire, stop, drop and (rock n) roll! Merching at the speed of light!

Mandi
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Mandi » 16 Nov 2010 18:43

Mandi

Gabby
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Gabby » 16 Nov 2010 19:14

David
Ambassador Guardian
Ambassador Guardian

Unread postby David » 16 Nov 2010 19:47

G, :shame: play nice. There is a lot of friendly ribbing that goes on here, but it's also supportive of Odd Ones, have you heard the song?

I don't really know what to say, are these rooms your walking into rooms that you really care about being in? We have all been there, but then you grow up and move on with your life only to realize that none of that crap mattered anyway.

I DO!!!!

Mandi
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Mandi » 16 Nov 2010 19:54

Mandi

kamieleanne
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby kamieleanne » 16 Nov 2010 20:32

You think maybe they do this because they're jealous of you?
It's okay to be different.
It's okay to be yourself.
Embrace it! Trust me, if you think positively about a situation, your whole outlook changes. You'll be fine, everyone is different, and this is what makes us all similar!

Kamie...xx <3

GreenEyedChic
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby GreenEyedChic » 16 Nov 2010 20:33

I know it's hard... and life always has its ups and downs. I say embrace your inter odd 1! Their will never be another you on this plant...Their will never be anybody else like me! All the greats are unique...that's what makes them stand out! That's why we love them!

"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different." Coco Chanel

“Don't let anyone tell you that you have to be a certain way. Be unique. Be what you feel.” ~Melissa Etheridge

“Some of the most wonderful people are the ones who don't fit into boxes.” Tori Amos

“If being sane is thinking there's something wrong with being different....I'd rather be completely f***ing mental.” Angelina Jolie

"Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.” Kurt Cobain

“I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.” Kurt Cobain

"I think being different, going against the grain of society is the greatest thing in the world.” Elijah Wood

"I say what I want to say and do what I want to do. There's no in between. People will either love you for it or hate you for it." Eminem

"People ask me where I got my singing style. I didn't copy my style from anybody." Elvis Presley

"I can totally relate to the idea of feeling isolated and alienated. I was incredibly lonely as a teenager and I never felt like I fit in at school. But being different is what will ultimately serve you well in the bigger picture." Madonna

“James Bond has a license to kill, rockstars have a license to be outrageous. Rock is about grabbing people's attention.” Gene Simmons
Last edited by GreenEyedChic on 16 Nov 2010 20:55, edited 1 time in total.

David
Ambassador Guardian
Ambassador Guardian

Unread postby David » 16 Nov 2010 20:42

^^^ Those are great, thanks for sharing!!

I DO!!!!

GreenEyedChic
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby GreenEyedChic » 16 Nov 2010 20:47

-G-
SP Merch
SP Merch

Unread postby -G- » 16 Nov 2010 21:04

The following commentaries are for entertainment purposes only. The view and opinions expressed herein are those of the demented individual and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of Sick Puppies or any of their respective affiliates or employees. Parental discretion is advised. Look both ways when crossing the street and don't forget to wash your hands every time you use the restroom. In case of fire, stop, drop and (rock n) roll! Merching at the speed of light!

-G-
SP Merch
SP Merch

Unread postby -G- » 16 Nov 2010 21:05

Gabby
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Gabby » 16 Nov 2010 21:12

Hunted that one down especially for you. Knew you'd like it.

Julie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Julie » 16 Nov 2010 21:16

^ Gabby is a smiley genius. :biggrin: Just saying...

My theory is as such....70 year-olds of today swing dance at weddings, so at 70 we'll be moshing and head banging in walkers to Rage.

pandorasjinx
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby pandorasjinx » 16 Nov 2010 22:27

Wow!! thank you all for such a warm welcome :) I'm beginning to become addicted to this forum, especially after reading all the awesome responses :) ...you guys are my kinda' crowd. Wish I could meet all of you. anyhow, im going to strive to put these suggestions into practice, one at a time, see where it leads me. In any event, it can't get much worse than it already is lol, can only get betta!

Return to “Random”