name your favorite sick puppies moment.

Anything and everything you'd like to discuss about the band, their music, etc.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Steve
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

name your favorite sick puppies moment.

Unread postby Steve » 02 Jan 2010 23:12

I was into rap and i used to go to the studio all the time . But when the love of my life missy took me to my first sick puippies concert i then knew i couldnt get enough sick puppies. My greatest moment is my first concert it was the x-mas show.i just had my year anniversary being a fan. they are amazen they inter act with there fans love to hear what all of us have to say. they are a Bad Ass band. hope'n for a fresno show. sick puppiesyou :rock:

mntrumpterguy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: name your favorite sick puppies moment.

Unread postby mntrumpterguy » 03 Jan 2010 11:46

I have 2: When the puppies played "say my name" and I was like 'wait, isn't this.... HOLY POOP IT IS'. Pretty much lost my mind. (the concert was the first time I had heard of them. Huge fan now).

2: When Shim told a guy who was trying to start a mosh pit "if you hit someone one more time, I'm gonna come down there and kick your a%$" freaking hilarious.

"What's inside of me is invisible to most... even in clear view"

It's all about Love

Cassandra
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cassandra » 03 Jan 2010 12:08

I would probably say seeing them live for the first time would be my favourite Sick Puppies moment. They put on an epic show.
Last edited by Cassandra on 03 Jan 2010 14:48, edited 1 time in total.

brittany_71
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby brittany_71 » 03 Jan 2010 13:27

ok so my favorite sp moment would have to be.....the first time i saw them....they way shim is with the crowd just moved me, i hate when i see bands and they dont make any contact with the crowd, shim is the total opposite, i knew from then on sp was my favorite all time band, and it was even better after the show when i got to meet them for the 1st time and they were the sweetest people. It meant a lot to me considering the fact a lot of bands that get big in their music sometimes forget how they got there. Sp knows how they got there and they thank their fans every concert. So sp doing that and the way they are with their shows meant the world to me!

Juliesnaps
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Juliesnaps » 03 Jan 2010 13:28

1. seeing them play say my name...both times...the intro shim does is hilarious and it is such a good cover :)

2. meeting them at the buzz bake sale and talking them while they were signing stuff. it's pretty funny, I got there late and just as I walk through the gate, guess who gets on the radio's interview stage? Emma. I turned to my friend and started freaking out..."that's...yes it is...it's the chick...the bassist...from sick puppies...we gotta go over there..." LOL

Gabby
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Gabby » 03 Jan 2010 14:55

The greatest SP moment for me so far has been seeing them live for the first time. I can't even begin to describe the energy surging through the crowd.

And when my boyfriend and I went to go get our copy of DUAL signed, we kinda lost sight of the CD for a second so I began to panic and Shim turns to my boyfriend and says "Listen to her and hold onto that. People have been running off with them all day." It just made me LOL, Shim took my side. My hunny thought I was overreacting.

Crazzzy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Crazzzy » 03 Jan 2010 16:14

My favorite moment would be the first and only experiance that I have had with SP,

Check out my band

4LK
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby 4LK » 03 Jan 2010 16:29

Probably the first time I saw them live. Going into it, I only knew a few songs and didn't know what to expect.

In my honest opinion, I think they put on the best live preformance out of any band I have ever seen.

wrxracer24
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby wrxracer24 » 03 Jan 2010 18:24

This past year when I got to meet them after the show. I bought posters and just about all of their t-shirts...I started to work my way down the aisle to get the posters signed and when I got to Shim he asked for my name, shook my hand and looked in to my eyes and sincerely said thank you. I'll never forget that moment. It was just him and I at that moment. :hug:

You think it's all just playing, fun and games
You're treating it like a joke
Some people say they wanna be me
This life can be very deceiving
It's just your state of mind

Missy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Missy » 04 Jan 2010 12:08

Ravenkitty
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Ravenkitty » 10 Jan 2010 09:55

Seeing them live as a big band and not just a side stage *cough edgefest cough*
They deserve to rock out on the big stage just like "the big dogs" . :rock: :laugh:

My husband wasnt even familiar with them but when they came on stage (we came early to how the edge stole christmas show because he wanted to wait till fly leaf and PR went on and I was like NO I wanna see SP ) and the look on his face when Shim introduced Emma and she started ROCKING OUT running across stage was AWESOME. (longest run on sentence ever LOL)
He said he thought they were AWESOME and glad he decided to come early!

And Ill take you for who you are...

Steve
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Steve » 19 Jan 2010 11:25

THANKS FOR SHAREING YOUR FAVORITE MOMENTS FOR ALL OF US TO SEE

Laranya
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Laranya » 19 Jan 2010 15:35

I did my best to try and be a mirror of soceity but we both know the mirror's cracked and everybody's in the act...

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Dana » 29 Jan 2010 09:26

Seeing them live the the 1st time was my favorite moment.

#2017ForDavid :sp:

officialjlox
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby officialjlox » 09 Feb 2010 21:38

Tonight was my first and favorite experience! What an adventure lol

I sat in traffic for about 2 hours on the way in, which wasn't too bad because I was so excited bumping tripolar in my car that I didn't really care. I got in and thought I found an awesome parking spot, swiped my debit card in the meter thing and started walking to the venue, only to look at my receipt and realize it was only 1 hour parking! Sprinted back to my car, almost knocked a couple people over, and pulled into the parking garage across from the Fillmore. I was REALLY low on cash at this point, so on my way in I glanced at the sign and saw that parking was $27. Took a quick peek in my wallet, saw I had enough (or so I thought) and gave my key to the attendant. Waited on line at will call with 4 other people who asked me if Flyleaf was playing. I told them no, SP was and the dude said "oh that sucks I wanted to see the flyleaf girl" I told him to just wait and watch for SP's bassist. He asked why and I just said "you'll see" :biggrin:

Got into the venue, got an awesome spot right up front about 3 ft from the barricade on Emma's side and waited. Saw the opening band who I hadn't heard of but was pretty good. The bass player of that band (their name is escaping me right now) had his bass go out mid-song and was noticably upset about it. Being a bassist, I felt really bad for the guy.

SP's crew started setting up and I was practically jumping out of my skin. I had a really rough few weeks and was mentally and physically stressed out and drained, and was really looking forward to seeing them and kind of letting it all out. They had a projection screen playing some stuff to entertain people during the break, but I saw Mark checking his own drums hiding in a hoodie lol. As soon as the band walked on stage I was almost shaking. I've seen a lot of shows, but never this close up and never in such an intimate setting. The bands I like generally play large venues and I've never been so close to a band I love while they performed. It was phenominal. They were just as good as everyone has said, if not better. Great crowd interaction and an amazing sound. I love Emma's bass tone. Very heavy yet still clear. I'm also in awe of her slap skills. I just watched her right hand flying all over the place- it was hypnotizing. I sang (yelled) along to every song and felt extremely connected. It was such a positive vibe and with every song I felt less and less stressed, and more enveloped in the performance.

After the show I squeezed through the crowd to go meet them. I waited online as they came around with the mailing list, I was gonna sign it til I realized I was already on it lol. I was hoping to get my ticket signed by the band and then get emma to sign my bass pick. I wanted to tell each one of them something- Shim how I loved his lyrics and the feeling he sings with, Emma how much she influenced my bass playing, and Mark how much I appreciated his awesome drum sound. I had it all planned out... aaaaaand then I choked :laugh: I couldn't get words to come out when I handed shim my ticket and he passed it along. The only words I could manage were to Emma when I meekly asked "Can you sign my bass pick Emma?" I felt like a 4 year old asking for more ice cream :laugh: Even though I didn't get to tell them all that i wanted to, I was flying high with my autographed ticket and pick, and headed out of the venue back to the parking garage (I'm not a big chevelle fan so I bounced after SP)

Get to the garage, hand the guy at the desk my ticket, and find out that I forgot to plan on tax in the price to park. I was $4 short in cash, and didn't bring my credit cards with me just in case I lost my wallet or something jumping around. I almost had a nervous breakdown. I asked the guy if I could have someone call in a credit card to him and he said no because it has to be swiped in person. I felt like I was going to cry and have a heart attack at the same time, and I guess the guy noticed, because he actually took $4 out of his own pocket and said "You owe me!" I wanted to hug the guy lol I must've thanked him about 8 times in 30 seconds.

Got my car and headed home. Not a bit of traffic, but it was starting to snow. More like half frozen rain. Got through the tunnel, down 495 and onto the cross island pkwy without the slightest delay, bumping SP and loving life. Then I took the exit ramp from the Cross Island to the Southern state and hit a wet or frozen spot on the ramp. (For those of you who aren't familiar with this road, the exit/entrance ramp onto the southern state parkway is basically a full circle, and it bends really drastically at times. I wasn't even driving fast but I lost control of my Jeep and started skidding toward the concrete barrier that separated the ramp from the woods/other roads. I slammed on my brakes and thought for sure I was about to crash, and came to a screeching halt literally 4-6 inches from the wall. My driver's side mirror was actually positioned over the top of the barrier. Luckily there was no one else on the ramp when this happened or I would've gotten in an accident for sure. I caught my breath and proceeded to drive at about 30 mph the rest of the way home. As if my heart wasn't already pumping I had to go and almost crash and scare the crap outta myself :crazy:

In the end I got home safe, all is well and now I have a story or 2 to go along with my first SP show!

Here's a few pics. I didn't take too many but I got a couple shots of emma and of course my autographs :rock:

I wanna put the pick on my necklace and replace the regular one I have on there now, but I'm scared the autograph will rub off. Then I wanted to glue it to the headstock of my bass, but I'm scared it'll fall off during a show and get lost. :noclue:

Add Me!
Twitter: JLockhartMusic
Youtube: JLockhartMusic

ZangZadam31
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby ZangZadam31 » 04 Apr 2010 00:04

I have two :biggrin: :

#1 - My sister was listening to Sick Puppies and she was trying to get me to like them but I refused to listen to them (now look at me :laugh: ). Anyways, she puts them on, starting from the top. When "Pitful" came on, we decided to go see her friend. I asked her "Hey, you want me to turn it off?" and she said no. We must have been at her friend's house for 40-45 minutes. When we came back, of course it was blasting cause we heard the song in the stairwell (she lived in an apartment). We get to her front door and she like, "Oh my God, this is a first!" and I'm standing there like huh?? She gets her door open and Shim sings "So welcome home..." and she starts laughing and I'm still standing there like huh??...It wasn't until I started getting into them, I was like OHHHHH!! :laugh:

#2 - Sick Puppies came to The Fillmore on March 20, 2008 in Philly, and it was my first S.P. concert :smile: I went with my sister and her boyfriend and we rocked out and had a ball and when Shim said they wanted to meet people, my sis and I were like Stewie from Family Guy.."Say WHAT?!!?!?!?" :laugh: and before we got to the table, I called my friend (at the time :angry: ) and she dared me to tell Shim
I wanted to, and I quote, "Do him." I DID TOO :biggrin: of course he turned me down :oops: but it was a good thing I was 17 at the time :shame: BUT I'm about to be 20 in May and if they come back to Philly (they came twice broke for the first time, 21+ for the second time), the offer still on the table... :tongue: just kidding of course...no i'm not :angel:

Chrissy :wave:

^ Thanks a million to /jessie <33 (You know what i like :D)

"When I'm sad, she comes to me..With a thousand smiles, she gives to me free.
It's alright she says it's alright.. Take anything you want from me, anything."... M & C (Loveys 1 N 2) 9*29*06

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/collection?id=1368990

Return to “Sick Puppies”