David covers All the Same by Sick Puppies

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
David
Ambassador Guardian
Ambassador Guardian
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

David covers All the Same by Sick Puppies

Unread postby David » 09 Dec 2009 00:29

Ok, so I recorded a cover of All the Same, it's not that good, but it was a lot of fun. I did every part....all the guitars, the drums, the vocals. I spent a lot of time on this and kept redoing parts until It felt like I was just kicking a dead horse.

I DO!!!!

RowdyJayJay
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: David covers All the Same by Sick Puppies

Unread postby RowdyJayJay » 09 Dec 2009 16:35

I think this is a fantastic and creative way to spend your time paying homage to our kick ass band. You did a fine job on this tune, marvelous!

Jay

"When I die, I hope they don't cremate me 'cuz I'll burn forever."
Harry Caray circa 1983

Anthony
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Anthony » 09 Dec 2009 18:33

You beat me to it! I was just getting ready to post a video of my band covering this. How ironic :smile: . Such a good song though, kudos to you man! I thought about doing this someday with deliverance, playing all the parts myself and editing them all together, I just never got around to actually recording it and figuring out how to do it.

I like where I'm at on my back floating down in my own riptide...the water is fine :P

David
Ambassador Guardian
Ambassador Guardian

Unread postby David » 09 Dec 2009 19:48

It's really not all that hard, I used Sony's music editing software, ACID. It records right off of my mic input on the computer. I'm sure it can get complicated....it seems to have a lot of features, I'm just useing the basic ones for this, this was my first project on it. A cover of Deliverance would be awesome. I'm defiently going to record more covers, I think I may do Riptide next, thats my favorite one off of Tri-Polar.
Last edited by David on 09 Dec 2009 20:27, edited 1 time in total.

I DO!!!!

Julie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Julie » 09 Dec 2009 20:02

Good job David! :smile:
Anthony I watched part of your band covering "All the Same" on facebook...you guys did great! Thought I'd throw that in. I was being a nerd and singing along since there wasn't a vocal. Kudos to you both!!! :rock:

My theory is as such....70 year-olds of today swing dance at weddings, so at 70 we'll be moshing and head banging in walkers to Rage.

Return to “Random”