RIP Brittany Murphy

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

RIP Brittany Murphy

Unread postby angelbear425 » 20 Dec 2009 12:41

Brittany Murphy died early this morning after she went into full cardiac arrest and could not be revived, multiple sources tell TMZ.

She was 32.

A 911 call was made at 8:00 AM from a home in Los Angeles that is listed as belonging to her husband, Simon Monjack, the Los Angeles City Fire Department tells TMZ.

We're told Murphy was taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center where she was pronounced dead on arrival.

Murphy starred in such films as "Clueless," "8 Mile," and "Don't Say a Word."

UPDATE 3:11 PM ET -- Sources tell TMZ Brittany Murphy's mom discovered her unconscious in the shower. We're told when paramedics arrived, they quickly determined Murphy was in full cardiac arrest and immediately administered CPR. They continued CPR in route to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center -- several miles away -- and Murphy was unresponsive. She was pronounced dead at the hospital.

We're told the LA County Coroner's is picking up Murphy's body from Cedars later today and will launch an investigation.

Story developing ...

http://www.tmz.com/2009/12/20/brittany- ... ac-arrest/

Shim: You don't like Rage Against the Machine?
Me: I like one song.
Shim: Which one?
Me: Bulls on Parade.
Shim: F%&* off! HAHA

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: RIP Brittany Murphy

Unread postby angelbear425 » 20 Dec 2009 12:44

This is seriously the year of death and I can't wait 10 more days until it's over. I have known or know of at least 20 people that died this year (some famous, some not), including 3 others in the last 2 weeks alone. Hopefully we can get through the next 10 days without losing anyone else.

Lisa
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Lisa » 20 Dec 2009 12:55

I haven't heard about this yet. :shocked: She was a good actress, so sad for her family and friends.

Hollee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Hollee » 20 Dec 2009 12:58

Wow. This is a shock. This has been such a horrible year as far as celebrity deaths go.

RIP Brittany.

Cassandra
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cassandra » 20 Dec 2009 14:21

RowdyJayJay
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby RowdyJayJay » 20 Dec 2009 15:42

Her role in "8 Mile" was actually a pretty good one. That movie was entertaining for me, regardless of what the critics or media said about it. She was an attractive and talented person that will be missed. I hate to see anybody go at such a young age. This might sound pretty cynical, but it makes me wonder who is next.

"When I die, I hope they don't cremate me 'cuz I'll burn forever."
Harry Caray circa 1983

Gabby
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Gabby » 20 Dec 2009 18:04

Well this is a lovely way to come home from work...find out yet another amazing actress is gone.

This year has just been horrible. We've lost so many great people, it's just not fair.

:cry:

patrickdron
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby patrickdron » 20 Dec 2009 20:30

my thoughts and prayers go out to her family and friends. RIP Brittany.

ToniB
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby ToniB » 21 Dec 2009 04:15

I had no clue about this! How sad.

Hey, it's gonna be okay. Hey, we're gonna laugh at this one day.

Cody Lee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cody Lee » 23 Dec 2009 10:35

Sucks, she was really young

"An idea is like a virus, resilient, highly contagious. The smallest seed of an idea can grow. It can grow to define, or destroy you."
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
Formerly known as Cakerz

Mari
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Mari » 23 Dec 2009 13:55

I saw this the other day too, it's really sad. I'm with you Jami. This has been a really bad year as far as deaths go, I am also happy it is over soon hopefully we won't lose too many more people. Young or not...

~Mari~

Dominique

Unread postby Dominique » 23 Dec 2009 13:58

I know, I read about it on Sunday and I couldn't believe that she has died. :cry: . It has been a really bad year for deaths, it is sad that we have lost so many people.

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 23 Dec 2009 14:25

Clueless, Girl Interrupted, Don't Say A Word, Just Married, Uptown Girls, Sin City are all part of my DVD collection. So I was indeed a major fan of her so the news was absolutely devastating, the other "celebrity" deaths were sad but this one truly hurt =[

I was just looking into purchasing her newest role in the film "Deadline" and I always wanted to see her as Harley Quinn someday. She was way too young, and one of the few actresses with actual talent. My thoughts and heart go out to her family and close friends.

<3

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 23 Dec 2009 17:53

Dominique

Unread postby Dominique » 23 Dec 2009 18:08

Yeah I know that feeling, earlier this year one of my best friends died and then later on this year my grandfather died. It has been a really rough year. =(

Mari
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Mari » 25 Dec 2009 06:35

~Mari~

Return to “Random”