Canadians

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
Shamrock
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Canadians

Unread postby Shamrock » 20 May 2008 02:14

So how was everyone's May long weekend, eh? ;D

tara
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Canadians

Unread postby tara » 20 May 2008 03:45

well i worked saturday and sunday, monday i went to my grandfathers
so yea, it wasn't that eventful, haha

Kemmy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Canadians

Unread postby Kemmy » 20 May 2008 09:15

pretty uneventful :(
I'd planned to get some work done but that idea went out the window pretty quickly :P

how about you, Shamrock?

Shamrock
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Canadians

Unread postby Shamrock » 21 May 2008 01:24

I worked on Saturday and Sunday as well, and Monday was pretty boring.. I got dragged out to the country to hangout with some old dudes :P So I just sat around eating chips watching them work on this log house that's been slowly being put together for ages. I'm just glad they didn't make me peel another log this time :P Then there was this huuuge dog like a lion and I kept him happy by petting him, despite the fact that his fur was sooo dirty. But it's a dog, and he wouldn't understand why I wouldn't want to pet him, so I had to because I love dogs and well my hand was so black after it was gross. He still has his winter coat too, so this one old guy came over and RAKED the dog, it was kind've funny, but I was worried he might be too rough on him with it at times. I used up a whole water bottle trying to wash my hands after haha. In closing, my weekend wasn't very eventful either.

Kemmy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Canadians

Unread postby Kemmy » 21 May 2008 11:19

^^ old dudes, eh? :o

haha, a dirty lion-dog that was raked?! believe it or not, your weekend sounds way more exciting than mine :P

tara

Canadians

Unread postby tara » 21 May 2008 14:05

mine as well, haha
but this weekend is gonna be the winner of all weekends
because my concert is saturday, then the after party is at my place after, oh its gonna be wicked
but then i gotta go clean the venue on sunday, should be fun doing it on no sleep and a hangover, yikes, haha (oh the joys of being a promoter, haha)
and i have 2 friends who i haven't seen since march coming up tomorrow and are staying until sunday :)

so the next few days/nights are going to be full of no sleep
then monday i will be clonked out most of the day trying to catch up on some rest, but then i gotta work on tuesday, ewww

Shamrock
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Canadians

Unread postby Shamrock » 21 May 2008 15:48

When do we get to hear you sing? We've all been waiting. *taps foot* ;)

I just thought everyone in Canada raked their dogs, since sled dopgs have such thick fur coats.

tara

Canadians

Unread postby tara » 21 May 2008 16:34

I'M not singing, i am just promoting the show, im a behind the scenes girl
the one who organizes it and pays for it and advertise for it and all that jazz
it's hard work, i'll tell ya that much
but its part of what im going to school for, and it looks REALLY good on a resume

Sheila
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Canadians

Unread postby Sheila » 22 May 2008 16:17

I'll bet it'll look good on your resume :) Your weekend sounds like its gonna be a blast.

Raking dogs eh? I must remeber that the next time my pups need a good brushing :P How exactly does one go about peeling logs? chainsaw with a steady hand? or is there another method?

Nothing really special happened on my weekend. Just alot of random nothing. woo hoo....

Shamrock
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Canadians

Unread postby Shamrock » 25 May 2008 11:29

Tara: Ohhhhhh! Well it still sounds like fun though!

Sheila: There's this like peeling tool.... and you scrape it along the log.

tara

Canadians

Unread postby tara » 25 May 2008 11:56

so my concert went AMAZING!!!!
i only got about 60 people, but that's quite a bit for my little town, i was only expecting around 50 people.
the bands all sounded great, and everyone one of them said that it was one of the most fun shows they've played. i think it's probably because im one of those promoters who wants to have fun too, i'm not the kind of promoter who is like "do this, do that" i'm just pretty much like "do what you want, just as long as you dont break anything and we are on schedule" which last night we were actually ahead of schedule
then when the last band was done playing, the lead singer was like "the one who we would like to thank the most for this show is Tara, where's Tara?" i was standing with one of the guys in one of the other bands in the crowd, and he like started pointing at me and the singer was like "there's she is, Tara did this all on her own and did an amazing job, thank you so much Tara" then everyone was like looking at me clapping, i was like "awww"
then afterwards, 2 of the bands came back to my place and we had a bonfire and everything.
it was so fun
and i got hugs from like everybody who played, like they would just come up and hug me and be like "thanks for everything, you did an amazing job" then more hugs when they were leaving.
then one of the bands asked me if i wanted to do another show for them later this summer, but i told them i would let them know because i was already asked by one of the bands a few weeks ago if i would do a show for them in July with a band form British Columbia, and i said i would, so i don't know if i can do another show, cause well, they cost money, and i move for school in the middle of august, so yea.
i got my foot in the promoting door anyways :D
Last edited by tara on 25 May 2008 13:18, edited 1 time in total.

Sheila
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Canadians

Unread postby Sheila » 25 May 2008 12:15

that is awesome Tara! congrats on that :)

re:shamrock : *start passes above head* the more you know :P
how long does it take to peel a log?
Last edited by Sheila on 25 May 2008 12:17, edited 1 time in total.

Kemmy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Canadians

Unread postby Kemmy » 25 May 2008 18:50

awww, Tara that's amazing! Sounds like an incredible weekend

Shamrock
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Canadians

Unread postby Shamrock » 25 May 2008 20:52

Congrats Tara! I'm glad it went so well. :)

Sheila lol.. I have no idea I only did a little bit of one to try and it now I can say one of those logs in that cabin is MINE. I just wish I carved my name in it, because I have no idea which one I did now.

Kemmy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: Canadians

Unread postby Kemmy » 30 Jun 2008 15:32

Anyone have plans for Canada Day?

tara

Unread postby tara » 30 Jun 2008 17:10

nope, i work, AGAIN

i seem to work every holiday. i worked easter, victoria day, and now canada day.
and i worked on my birthday (which was my 19th birthday and was a saturday) and on fathers day (which means i had to miss dinner at my grandfathers).
and not only do i work every holiday, i have worked every weekend since i started in January, except for 1 saturday that i took off cause i was gonna be away, and the weekend i took off for my concert, and the one saturday that they gave me off last weekend.
just one more month and i am done!!

Kemmy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Kemmy » 30 Jun 2008 17:22

aww

I hate working weekends too (my last job had me working every saturday for almost 2 years :tongue: )

So far, I don't have much plans either. My cousin is having a BBQ early in the day so I'm going to that. But in Quebec, Canada Day isn't made as big of a deal here (it's moving day for most people here)... there are some activities but not to many. It's pretty sad, actually.

... or maybe there's some crazy party somewhere that I just don't know about :laugh:

Shamrock
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Shamrock » 04 Jul 2008 03:14

Hmm.. For Canada Day we were totally going to go to Stanley Park because my younger brother wanted to see the ocean, buuut apparently this lady decided for Canada Day she was going to jump off the bridge, so many roads were blocked off due to "hard of hearing" over all the noise of the traffic. So because they had to hear her sob story of how she hated life, in order to talk her out of jumping, there was no getting to the park! Of course I didn't know this until later because we got distracted by the huge mall that had no trouble convincing me to spend my monies, so I was content not making it to the park, except for the one minor fact that I realllllllly wanted to get one of them artists to draw me while we were there. But alas, there was no way of making it to that park on Canada Day! :D

P.S. I believe she didn't jump, so all was well. But someone should tell her about TWLOHA!

Sheila
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Sheila » 09 Jul 2008 17:41

that sucks Sham...

i spent canada day in England... so not much happened :tongue:
had some random dude at the warehouse come up to me to wish me a happy 4th of july :confused: we said we were canadian and hes like oh....i like them too.

Shamrock
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Shamrock » 14 Jul 2008 01:56

Haha, a lot of my online friends wished me a happy 4th of July, then just yesterday one of the guys that I went to Iceland with in 2005 was telling me about this website thats got cheaper airfare for students that was for americans only. I'm neither a student or american. lol Silly boys.

I hope you're having a nice time.

Return to “Random”