Thoughts on creating my own street team?

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
SickPuppiesChevelle
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Thoughts on creating my own street team?

Unread postby SickPuppiesChevelle » 26 Apr 2010 19:40

My band wants to start a street team, because I have seen how well it has worked for Sick Puppies and others. I am coming here for suggestions on how we can get people to help. I have looked at the list the SPWC has many times so I do not need things that are on it as suggestions.

Ideas I came up with for us were (these can also be used by the SPWC...maybe i'll get some points from SP out of this thread haha) :

Volunteering to operate our merch booth
Volunteering to help set up and take down equipment for shows

Those are the only ways that I could think of that would allow people to help us in addition to the SPWC ideas. Keep in mind that we are a small band that does not have a fan base very far outside of our city as of now.

Ideas for rewards that I came up with:

Have the band take you out to eat, our treat
Request a song for the band to learn
Attend a band practice
Book us for free (acoustic or full band)
Play an instrument with the band for one song at a show

I thought a few of those rewards were great for a small band.

Any other ideas? I appreciate the help!

Clweaver
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: Thoughts on creating my own street team?

Unread postby Clweaver » 04 May 2010 09:13

Those are some pretty sweet ideas, but maybe you should start at the basics like free merchandise, giving something away at a show, or even giving away signed memorabilia from the band members. That stuff is always a hit to a real fan.

SickPuppiesChevelle
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby SickPuppiesChevelle » 04 May 2010 10:03

Stuff like that is definitely on the list. I just put down a few that weren't already being done by SPWC.

I have a huge list of both things for them to do and rewards. Hope it works out alright.

Clweaver
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Clweaver » 05 May 2010 09:05

Sweet, What's the name of your band by the way? I'll look you guys up, and listen to it. :rock:

SickPuppiesChevelle
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby SickPuppiesChevelle » 05 May 2010 13:00

Yesternight's Decision...pretty sure we'll be the only one by that name :tongue:

Facebook (where you can find our Yesternight's De-side Kicks info):
http://www.tinyurl.com/YesDecFB

Myspace:
http://www.tinyurl.com/YesDecMS

Digstation (where you can buy our album digitally):
http://www.tinyurl.com/YesDecDig

I'll also leave you a vid of us playing live. Take into consideration that there isn't much jumping around going on because we are in the middle of a 3 hour setlist lol. I am the bassist.

Thanks! Please let me know what you think. We appreciate all feedback. Also tell me which song of ours is your favorite to help decide which song we send to radio stations. A total of 5 of our songs posted, I think. You can find 4 of them on Myspace and 4 on our Facebook music tab. 3 of 4 on the sites overlap so only 1 song is different.

Clweaver
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Clweaver » 06 May 2010 08:58

Sweet, I'll be sure to look more into you guys, keep rocking!

Return to “Random”