Wearing a band's t-shirt to their show

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
SickPuppiesChevelle
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Wearing a band's t-shirt to their show

Unread postby SickPuppiesChevelle » 11 Jun 2010 12:58

It ticks me off so bad that it is considered "uncool" to wear the t-shirt of the band that is playing to a show. I bought the t-shirt to support them and it only makes sense to wear it at the show.

It is like buying a jersey of your favorite football player but you can't wear it to the game. You can only wear the jersey of another team. It is dumb.

I bring this up because when I saw SP in April in Jackson, I seemed to be the only one wearing a SP shirt (besides Emma). I dunno, just seems dumb to me.

I know for a fact that I want people to wear shirts of my band to our shows. Makes me feel good to know that people are there to see us and that they support us and bought a shirt.

What do you all think?

us4gim4ru
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Wearing a band's t-shirt to their show

Unread postby us4gim4ru » 11 Jun 2010 13:18

I agree that there's no reason why wearing a band's shirt to their show should be uncool. I'm not quite sure if that's the case, though. When I went to SP/Shinedown/BB/Nickelback in May, I wore my BB shirt, and there were several other people wearing shirts for them and Nickelback, and probably plenty of shirts for Shinedown and SP that I didn't see.

If I were in a touring band, it would be really cool to see the fans showing their pride for the music they were there to hear. I guess I can see why you wouldn't want to look like you were there just for the one band when there are others playing as well, but if you can show the other bands that you're enjoying their music too, I don't see why there'd be a problem.

hamjen
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby hamjen » 11 Jun 2010 15:06

I have not heard this before. I had heard that it was a no no for the band to wear their own shirt but even that I disagree with....so tomorrow at the SP show at MIS I will be wearing mu Odd One shirt and if someone doesn't like me because of that too bad! I'm supporting my favorite band! :moon:

lol

Julie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Julie » 11 Jun 2010 16:24

Completely agree and you should wear that SP shirt with pride. :smile:

It's just like a sports team, and if you have it, love it, why not wear it? :smile: Merch is a HUGE promotion for any band, at any show or anywhere in general. The SP shirts are great, and I couldn't agree more that you should wear it to any show, especially an SP show. A lot of people will buy at the show too, and put it on. :smile:

My theory is as such....70 year-olds of today swing dance at weddings, so at 70 we'll be moshing and head banging in walkers to Rage.

Cody Lee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cody Lee » 11 Jun 2010 16:34

I sometimes wear the shirt of the band I'm watching or just one of my other band shirts(which is like 99% of my shirt collection lol). Usually if I can afford it I buy a shirt at the show and wear it, if not just pick a random one. I think at the last SP show I was wearing a LP shirt lol. I have always though it's weird for a band to wear their own clothes, although SP pulls it off.

"An idea is like a virus, resilient, highly contagious. The smallest seed of an idea can grow. It can grow to define, or destroy you."
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
Formerly known as Cakerz

tbritting
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby tbritting » 11 Jun 2010 17:23

Up here its different, people look at you weird and often times will comment if you are wearing a shirt of a band that isn't playing that show.

psycolovermonkey
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby psycolovermonkey » 11 Jun 2010 18:12

I ussaly wear an undershirt so I can take off the shirt I wear to the concert an put on the new one (accually I saw alot of people doing that as they were leaving the merch stand at the sp, nklbk, bb, sd show) - - - It also gets the croud excited when you accidently show a little skin :biggrin: :laugh:

Thanks us4gim4ru for making my Avatar for me - Many hugs :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
:<3: Play HAYPI KINGDOM it's the best MMO game on Apple/Android :wink: Trust me :wink: I would know Im an expert and they only pick 2 per server (20,000 people) :<3: Refer DarkGodess and I'll love you forever :<3:
:<3: Joje thinks Emma`s a Goddess :<3:

araida_8@hotmail.com
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby araida_8@hotmail.com » 11 Jun 2010 20:13

i know id wear a shirt of the band i have gone to see.. i went to this one concert 6 years a go and i wanted a shirt of the band playing, cause i wanted to suport them.. my boyfriend at the time told me it was lame and a big no no to do that.. it would make me look lame... i still dont understand why it would i think you go to see one of your favorite band you should be able to to show your suport.. in the end i never got a shirt and now i have no clue what happend to the band.. i think people who tell you that should just keep quiet and let you do what you want to do.. if you want to suport you favorite ban i say do it cause i know i will...

Juliesnaps
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Juliesnaps » 11 Jun 2010 20:58

People I know think it's a no-no and korny...'we know you're here for one of the bands, why wear that shirt?"

I still do it, I wear my band shirts with pride because they have the right to know that I support them specifically. Also, it shows that I'm not somebody that decided that tickets were cheap enough to just check out the band, I've been around even without a concert.

Jeff
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Jeff » 11 Jun 2010 22:08

My entire family of five will be wearing their SP shirts when we see them in July...I don't really care what anyone thinks of me...but I didn't realize such a thing existed?

Proud World Crew Member, I'm with the Band!
December 13, 2009 Scottrade Center (Ho Ho Show) My first live PUPS Show in St. Louis, MO
April 23, 2010 Scottrade Ctr (Darkhorse Tour w/Nickelback, Breaking Ben. & Shinedown) St. Louis, MO
May 1, 2010 Rolla, MO
July 13, 2010 New Daisy Theatre in Memphis, TN
August 14, 2010 Pointfest II, Maryland Heights, MO
May 15, 2011 Pointfest, Maryland Heights, MO

ckiemnstr345
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby ckiemnstr345 » 11 Jun 2010 22:28

I'm a bit paranoid when it comes to large groups of people so I don't wear or bring anything that I don't mind getting ruined or lost. This is why I don't wear the band's shirt to the show. It's not for some reason of not being cool or something but because I don't want the shirt to be ruined.

Achieving total skin coverage one tattoo at a time.

Heather

Unread postby Heather » 11 Jun 2010 22:48

I've always thought that "rule" was stupid, not to wear a band's shirt at their concert. I mean, you like the band, you bought their merch, why not wear it when you go see them? More times than not, I wear a band-that-I'm-seeing shirt at concerts.

~Heather

08-15-08: New Orleans 08-16-08: Tupelo 04-18-09: Nashville 10-14-09: Little Rock 10-23-09: Nashville 04-22-10: Jackson 07-13-10: Memphis 08-11-10: Little Rock 09-10-10: Nashville 04-30-11: Memphis 09-20-13: Little Rock 09-27-13: Nashville 03-25-17: Clarksville

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 12 Jun 2010 18:18

I think it originated with people thinking that if they were to end up meeting the band, they didn't want to come off as an obsessive fan and would want to play it cool and be nonchalant about meeting them. At least that's where I was always told it came from. :noclue:

Lyzz
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Lyzz » 12 Jun 2010 18:30

Jeff
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Jeff » 12 Jun 2010 18:37

Proud World Crew Member, I'm with the Band!
December 13, 2009 Scottrade Center (Ho Ho Show) My first live PUPS Show in St. Louis, MO
April 23, 2010 Scottrade Ctr (Darkhorse Tour w/Nickelback, Breaking Ben. & Shinedown) St. Louis, MO
May 1, 2010 Rolla, MO
July 13, 2010 New Daisy Theatre in Memphis, TN
August 14, 2010 Pointfest II, Maryland Heights, MO
May 15, 2011 Pointfest, Maryland Heights, MO

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 12 Jun 2010 20:34

OddOneSickPup
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby OddOneSickPup » 12 Jun 2010 21:38

I actually saw SP back in April and I felt weird because I wasn't wearing a band t-shirt. I couldn't afford one then but I'm good now but I made sure I had my SP dog tag around my neck. I think it's weird when people don't wear the bands T to a show. It's cool that you're there at the show to support them but if you've got the shirt or dog tag or whatever wear them to show your extra support! :)

<3 Sick Puppies Fan For Life <3

What's inside of me is invisible to most, even in clear view! <3

Heather

Unread postby Heather » 12 Jun 2010 23:14

~Heather

08-15-08: New Orleans 08-16-08: Tupelo 04-18-09: Nashville 10-14-09: Little Rock 10-23-09: Nashville 04-22-10: Jackson 07-13-10: Memphis 08-11-10: Little Rock 09-10-10: Nashville 04-30-11: Memphis 09-20-13: Little Rock 09-27-13: Nashville 03-25-17: Clarksville

Catherine
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Catherine » 13 Jun 2010 20:17

I was at a show in Ohio once and people who were wearing band shirts that weren't there were being made fun of, but in Georgia I wore a Shinedown shirt to one of their shows and a guy said "Oh so you're one of THOSE people" It made me feel so embarrassed :(

“You are the classiest person I have ever seen at a rock concert- you’ve got your high heels and nice clothes. But man, do you know how to rock!”

-Random guy at a Three Days Grace concert :)

Rock Concert Travelers
http://www.myspace.com/concert_travelers
http://www.twitter.com/R_C_Travelers
concert_travelers@yahoo.com

MRSDUMBLUCK
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby MRSDUMBLUCK » 13 Jun 2010 20:31

Dude i agree totally! WEAR THE BAND SHIRT!!! Now here in CC TX i see alot where people buy the shirt that night and wear it during the show. Now i dont do it only because its usually too hot to wear 2 shirts. With the humidity even at night it be up to 100 degrees in the crowd.

But I agree wear the shirt to a show. I think it shows people there that you supported them before that night. And well SP shirts are freakin cool anyways!

Return to “Random”