Storms

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
stephb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Storms

Unread postby stephb » 23 Jun 2010 08:53

Ok Omaha has had severe thunderstorms just about every night for I don't know how long. It seems like forever but in reality its been probably 1-1.5 weeks. We had yet another one last night and lost power from 11pm-3am. It was sooo hot in here. I couldn't do anything so I tried to go to bed. Nope that was a no go cuz it was wayyy to hot. I am sick and tired of all these stupid storms and I'm just plain tired. Thankfully I am on the 3rd floor or I'd probably have floated away by now from the nearly 8 inches of rain since June 1. Its enough already. Go away storms! Ok sorry...I just had to vent.

Steph

Kat2323
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Storms

Unread postby Kat2323 » 23 Jun 2010 14:36

Woah that sucks :( There is supposed to be a storm for me later tonight.
And earlier today there was an earthquake that came from around Ottawa. It was crazy! I have only ever been through one wehn I was little and tey aren't common in Canada .
Are peoples homes gettin g flooded from the rain? The other day there was something about flooding rivers and stuff, but I don't know where it was.

Tweet me! :) @Kat2323x

stephb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby stephb » 23 Jun 2010 17:59

Oh yeah there are lots of people that are flooded out. Being in the bigger city there isn't much but out in the country there is lots of damage. Apparently there was a guy that was killed when a bridge collapsed a few days ago. The scary part was we drove over that bridge about 3 weeks ago. There are houses and cabins in lower areas that are up to their roofs in some instances.

Really an earthquake in Canada? That's weird. I guess there are plates almost everywhere but you usually hear about them near the coasts. I've never felt one before. I can totally see how that would be scary. I remember my grandparents were in San Francisco in 1989 when that huge one hit. She said they had crossed over that San Francisco/Oakland bridge about 5 minutes before it hit. I can't image what that felt like or what people went through. I think I would have been even more scared thinking "if I had just stopped to get gas or made a wrong turn or something I could have been on the bridge at the time." Anyway I am glad that you are ok.

Steph

DNRpuppy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby DNRpuppy » 23 Jun 2010 19:20

Has the rain started to let up yet?

It's a little scary - all these recent floods! Here a couple weeks ago a flash flood took out 20 campers in the middle of the night. Needless to say, I'm not going camping for a while.

stephb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby stephb » 23 Jun 2010 20:12

It actually isn't raining now. I want to mark it on the calendar :laugh: I heard we are supposed to have 3 days without rain. I'll believe it if/when it happens. It is scary. One minute you are living your normal life and the next you may have to run for it.

Steph

psycolovermonkey
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby psycolovermonkey » 23 Jun 2010 22:17

Thanks us4gim4ru for making my Avatar for me - Many hugs :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
:<3: Play HAYPI KINGDOM it's the best MMO game on Apple/Android :wink: Trust me :wink: I would know Im an expert and they only pick 2 per server (20,000 people) :<3: Refer DarkGodess and I'll love you forever :<3:
:<3: Joje thinks Emma`s a Goddess :<3:

stephb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby stephb » 23 Jun 2010 22:23

My mom told me today that last night my aunt and uncle were told to seek shelter while camping and the storm was supposed to hit in like 30 minutes. It didn't so they went back to their camper and went to bed. My aunt got all comfy in bed and wham it hit something horrible. How stupid can you be? I mean geez why the heck wouldn't you wait until it passes and you know you are in the all clear. Even if you don't have a tv or weather radio you know that most camping offices do and would know when its safe to resume your camping. I guess they are safe so that's all that counts.

I take it psycolovermonkey that you plan on doing a lot of camping this summer??

Steph

psycolovermonkey
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby psycolovermonkey » 23 Jun 2010 23:08

Thanks us4gim4ru for making my Avatar for me - Many hugs :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
:<3: Play HAYPI KINGDOM it's the best MMO game on Apple/Android :wink: Trust me :wink: I would know Im an expert and they only pick 2 per server (20,000 people) :<3: Refer DarkGodess and I'll love you forever :<3:

Rose
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Rose » 24 Jun 2010 08:34

I love storms, they're so cool. The second to last day there was a lightnigh storm and it was soo pretty.
But I do get what you maen about them being bad. We had an Ice storm the power went out for a week and the septice tank backed up... into my room! :shocked: And then it started raining and my little sister's room flooded, but only with water... It totally sucked. But we got to paint my floor blue and I got a cool purple carpet

Portland ME, 11/26/10, Bangor ME, 7/31/11, Boston MA, 9/20/12,
Portland ME, 8/14/13

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 24 Jun 2010 08:55

There was a tornado in a county near me the other night and then the earthquake from Canada was felt here yesterday also.. Personally I hate storms and hide from them when possible.

Shim: You don't like Rage Against the Machine?
Me: I like one song.
Shim: Which one?
Me: Bulls on Parade.
Shim: F%&* off! HAHA

ckiemnstr345
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby ckiemnstr345 » 24 Jun 2010 09:14

My favorite place to watch storms is out to sea. I could see pretty far out and watching a big electrical storm from a safe distance is pretty fun. Also feeling the deck pitching below my feet was great. Watching storms and actually being out to sea is the only thing I miss about being in the Navy.

Achieving total skin coverage one tattoo at a time.

stephb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby stephb » 24 Jun 2010 10:12

Steph

listentothemusic
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby listentothemusic » 24 Jun 2010 12:11

Well, it's sunny and 85 here, so no storms. :smile: But a lot of you seem to be getting hammered pretty hard. :hug: You have my sympathy.

psycolovermonkey
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby psycolovermonkey » 24 Jun 2010 17:51

stephb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby stephb » 24 Jun 2010 19:02

Yayy no storms yesterday or today. Supposedly more bad stuff Saturday. I guess that means Friday should be ok too, which is good because its my anniversary, not that we are doing anything :cry:

Oh its sunny and 80 right now at 9:00pm. I am so glad I am not melting today.

Steph

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 25 Jun 2010 10:31

Shim: You don't like Rage Against the Machine?
Me: I like one song.
Shim: Which one?
Me: Bulls on Parade.
Shim: F%&* off! HAHA

stephb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby stephb » 25 Jun 2010 10:36

Steph

psycolovermonkey
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby psycolovermonkey » 25 Jun 2010 22:41

Kat2323
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Kat2323 » 26 Jun 2010 15:32

Tweet me! :) @Kat2323x

stephb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby stephb » 26 Jun 2010 16:34

Steph

Return to “Random”