Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
Juliesnaps
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Unread postby Juliesnaps » 29 Jun 2010 07:31

so a week ago today I went to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter:

So we got there around 8.15 parked and stuff and went into the park. People with hotel keys get to go in first, they get seperated from the pack. We waited in line for about a half hour and then started moving into that side of the park. We immediatly got onto the ... See MoreForbidden Journey, about a half hour wait, it was supposed to be longer but people were wasting time taking pictures (me included) so it changed the actual amount of time. Everything was really well decorated, we went on the ride, it's longer than a normal ride and wroth the wait. They put you on a robbot arm and sling you around. We then got on Flight of The Hiipogrif, it's more child approriate but still Harry Potter LOL. Then we went on Dragon challenge, it's a ride they renamed and redecorated, you can look up "Dueling Dragons" if you want info on that. We didn't go to Olivander's because the wait was 2 hours when we entered the park, maybe next time. We went to Honeyduke's/Zonko's (it's the same place). Honeyduke's was awesome but zonko's dissapointing. We were too hungry to go to the 3 broomsticks (an hour wait). So we left that side of the park. The waits weren't too long and everything is really well done. Pumpkin juice is AWESOME....I think that's about it....here's pictures:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=54 ... aid=182531

anybody else going? anybody else been?

Gabby
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Unread postby Gabby » 29 Jun 2010 12:02

The Three Broomsticks serves AMAZING food. They had all this roast chicken and ribs and shepard's pie and all sorts of incredible stuff. :drool:

Ollivander's interactive wand experience is pretty cool, but not worth a 2 hour wait. It's just like what happened to Harry in the first movie, but you get to see it all happen around you.

I had soooo much fun during the soft opening, and I didn't even get to ride the rides lol. But I've been on Dueling Dragons plenty of times before so that was no loss to me. Oh, when you were waiting in line for the Forbidden Journey, did you get to see the "snow" in the DADA room? I thought that was awesome. :biggrin:

Burried4U
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Burried4U » 29 Jun 2010 14:54

I really want to go. ever since i first heard they were gunna make a park i've wanted to go. so when i get enough money, i'm totally gunna!

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 29 Jun 2010 19:11

Looks really cool! I'm sure I'll never go, but it would be fun to see.

Julie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Julie » 29 Jun 2010 19:26

My theory is as such....70 year-olds of today swing dance at weddings, so at 70 we'll be moshing and head banging in walkers to Rage.

Juliesnaps
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Juliesnaps » 29 Jun 2010 19:41

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 29 Jun 2010 21:55

Juliesnaps
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Juliesnaps » 29 Jun 2010 22:45

I spent just under 200 and got a ton of stuff...with 500 you'll be swimming HP stuff :)

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 30 Jun 2010 08:43

Juliesnaps
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Juliesnaps » 30 Jun 2010 09:22

totally, just no spending unless it's food because I'm broke. Good thing I already bought an annual pass :D

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 30 Jun 2010 09:44

Awesome! I would have done the same thing if I lived anywhere in FL...

Mari
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Mari » 30 Jun 2010 13:27

I really want to go there, chances of me going is about the same as Becky, but maybe if I start saving now I might make it by the time I'm 50 and by that time the waiting lines should be shorter! :laugh:

~Mari~

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 30 Jun 2010 15:53

Kat2323
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Kat2323 » 04 Jul 2010 18:19

AHHH your description makes me want to go even more! and today in the paper they had an ad and some other things about it. I just keep calling it Harry Potter world lmao.
It is kinda weird that they just took the old dragon ride and renamed it. I have been on that so is there any point in going on now? Did they add things or something?

Tweet me! :) @Kat2323x

Juliesnaps
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Juliesnaps » 04 Jul 2010 18:35

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 04 Jul 2010 20:44

Gabby
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Gabby » 04 Jul 2010 21:23

They're not my favorite coasters in the park (You really just cannot beat the Hulk, that one is insane), but they're definitely worth a ride. I always loved how you got to choose which one you would go on. Then you'd run back in and ride the other one lol.

Good times, good times.

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 05 Jul 2010 20:27

Kat2323
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Kat2323 » 12 Jul 2010 11:49

Oh seeing all the decorations I guess is worth it. I can't wait to see the talking pictures and the wand shop and just EVERYTHING. I started to reread the books so I have all the details of everything fresh in my head :laugh: I have until October so I can get through them all.

I went on the hulk when I went to flordia...2 years ago? But I always end up killing my ears from my head banging around and my piercings digging into my head.
lol I don't like coasters that much. They are ok but rather then go on the hulk I would want to go on...its a small world after all ride...I love it :laugh:

Tweet me! :) @Kat2323x

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 16 Jul 2010 19:16

Return to “Random”