TIME MACHINE....What would you do?

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
*J*
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

TIME MACHINE....What would you do?

Unread postby *J* » 10 Aug 2010 07:25

All aboard the time machine, freinds!

You can either go forward or go back in time.

Where would you go?

What would you do?

Who would you bring?

stephb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: TIME MACHINE....What would you do?

Unread postby stephb » 10 Aug 2010 10:39

I'm not 100% sure. I know I would want to go back in time and see a bunch of historical events. Selfishly I would also like to go back and see/do some of the things I have missed - my brother's wedding (thanks to a one day notice spur of the moment wedding), 10 year reunion, concerts, and probably a few others that I am not thinking about.

I would also like to go in the future and see kids graduating, getting married, having grandkids if something happened to me before these events happened.

I don't know that I would want to know about how I died like if it was preventable or if I had died of some disease and could go into the future and see it's cure to bring it back. I don't know how I would feel about any of that. Sure I would like to live a long life but I don't know what I would do, if anything. I think this just took on a much more serious tone than the original questions :laugh:

Steph

*J*
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby *J* » 10 Aug 2010 10:59

And as you can see I have not posted mine yet....It's a tough question!

1. Could I kill Hitler?

2. Change horrible past decisions that I made?

3. Go into the future and then bring back some of the technology?

Burried4U
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Burried4U » 10 Aug 2010 11:58

I would go back in time and save Abraham Lincoln. And Kill Hitler before he even started thinking about killing jews. I would also go back to the age of the dinosaurs, and bring back two or three small dinosaurs, so we could breed little dinosaurs for pets. :biggrin: it would rock.

*J*
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby *J* » 10 Aug 2010 12:15

Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Donna » 10 Aug 2010 18:41

I would definitely go back in time and change some things that's for sure .. so who is up for the challenge of creating one of these :biggrin:

I believe in nothing, not the day and not the dark. I believe in nothing but the beating of our hearts

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 10 Aug 2010 18:44

*J*
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby *J* » 10 Aug 2010 18:45

Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Donna » 10 Aug 2010 18:52

Sweet ! I don't mind being the first test subject ..lol..

I believe in nothing, not the day and not the dark. I believe in nothing but the beating of our hearts

*J*
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby *J* » 10 Aug 2010 19:02

stephb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby stephb » 11 Aug 2010 10:52

Ok so I was putting way to much thought into this. Last night/early this morning I was thinking about this again. While I would like to go back in time to see some historical events, I don't know that I would want to change anything. While I know there were some very horrible events and do feel bad for those that suffered, I hope everyone has learned from them and gained insight. If I were to go back and change something we might not have learned that lesson and could be more ignorant, stupid, ummm the list could go on and on. Hopefully having learned something from the past events including the horrible ones I hope that we as a society can pass on those lessons to our children and grandchildren. I personally feel that is important. Like I said way too much thought :laugh:

Steph

*J*
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby *J* » 11 Aug 2010 11:11

Right and what if changing something horrible would cause a chain reaction of events even more catastrophic? That would suckola.

You would be jumping around through time trying to fix holes.

Maybe my back to the future moment would just involve talking to great people in history..snap a few pics with them for my photo album...and leave history to it's own devices!

stephb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby stephb » 11 Aug 2010 11:44

Yes that is possibly true too...I would feel horrible if it caused a chain reaction that caused events even worse than before.

I would love to be an observer of history and take tons of pictures. I would have to bring a whole suitcase of batteries along though considering how many pictures I would like to take :laugh:

Steph

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 11 Aug 2010 14:15

[quote="stephb"]Yes that is possibly true too...I would feel horrible if it caused a chain reaction that caused events even worse than before.

[quote]

Right...that's why I was thinking on a more personal level. Like that one night, when I met that guy at a bar and... :laugh:

*J*
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby *J* » 11 Aug 2010 14:43

stephb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby stephb » 11 Aug 2010 15:10

Ohhh scandals :laugh:

Steph

4LK
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby 4LK » 11 Aug 2010 18:10

The only thing I would really like to do, is go back and get to know my grandma more. I was only like 8 when she passed away, but I'm always told how close we were back then. I just wish I could have been older so I could really get to know her, and so she could see me all grown up.

Julie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Julie » 15 Aug 2010 17:58

My theory is as such....70 year-olds of today swing dance at weddings, so at 70 we'll be moshing and head banging in walkers to Rage.

Rose
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Rose » 15 Aug 2010 18:20

I wouldn't change anything in the past, like I know its horrible but I wouldn't go around and try to stop wars from happening, because how many more people do you think we would have in this world if there hadn't been any wars? To many.

I would how ever go back to Austrailia and purcase welcome to the real world, and possibly go to the triple J unearthed contest, and such things as that. I think that would be fun. I wouldn't do anything serious I would just have fun with it. I wouldn't change anything in my life. But I would like to see things like what I'm like as an adult, what my job is all that stuff.

Portland ME, 11/26/10, Bangor ME, 7/31/11, Boston MA, 9/20/12,
Portland ME, 8/14/13

Kairi
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Kairi » 14 Apr 2011 23:35

Never change, just be happy with who you are

Return to “Random”