What did you want to be when you grew up?

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
stephb
Site Admin
Site Admin

What did you want to be when you grew up?

Unread postby stephb » 11 Sep 2010 21:29

As a kid/teen, what did you want to be when you grew up?

I wanted to be a teacher. I remember absolutely loving my 1st, 5th, and 6th grade teachers (not that I didn't like most of the others). Every once in a while when I got back home I still see my 1st grade teacher and she still knows who I am. When I was in 6th grade I loved my teacher. I was the teacher's pet and helped her whenever she needed it. That same year my 5th grade teacher retired and she asked me to be a student speaker at her ceremony. Knowing how impatient I am I couldn't have been a teacher. With my step-sons I am completely frustrated a lot. I can't imagine a whole classroom of children on a daily basis.

Then Silence of the Lambs came out in 1991 (I was in 8th grade then but I am not sure I actually saw it when I was that young) and I was facinated with the FBI. I wanted to be an agent. I wanted to catch psychos and be like Starling. I still watch shows that deal with things like this such as Criminal Minds, Flashpoint (I know it is a cop show but they still do profiling things), NCIS, Without a Trace, etc.

As a senior someone from the yearbook committee called and asked the same question I did with this thread. I said "She-Ra" although I have no clue why. IF I really did I don't remember it :laugh:

Being a singer or musician would have been cool too.

Looking back at my life I never became any of these but the FBI agent is still the one I look back at most. I KNOW I couldn't have passed a bunch of the physical stuff which means I would have had to make it in as a lawyer...which I was ok with.

So anyway I was curious what you wanted to be when you grew up, why, and if you really did become it.
Last edited by stephb on 11 Sep 2010 21:41, edited 1 time in total.

Steph

patrickdron
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: What did you want to be when you grew up?

Unread postby patrickdron » 11 Sep 2010 21:38

um a BFI garbageman those BFI garbage trucks I thought those things were so cool just to drive them not really pick up garbage and that kind of stuff just drivng garbage trucks.
either that or a race car driver because I've always loved auto racing and motorsports in general since that's like the #1 sport I folow.
and when I got into my preteen/tween stage thought about being a nightclub DJ since I enjoy music and listening to it and stuff.
and since high school I've always wanted to do something in computers like design web pages or something like that.

nicolenice
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby nicolenice » 12 Sep 2010 14:10

when i was really young i wanted to be the clown at like the park or zoo that passed out balloons to kids, i have no idea why i just wanted to.
Then with me aging i decided i wanted to be a teacher or a counselor and yeah none of it happened yet!!!

*J*
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby *J* » 12 Sep 2010 17:45

I wanted to be a scientist...something with chemicals and experiments....I imagined it would be so fun!!! :idea: Plus, I thought the white labcoat would be so cool!

But alas....I was drawn the exciting, action packed, field of accounting!

Math rules!!!!!~ :tongue:
Last edited by *J* on 12 Sep 2010 18:30, edited 2 times in total.

dlcramer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby dlcramer » 12 Sep 2010 17:54

I wanted to be an drafter and design stuff at the ripe ole age of 8. I was the odd one for sure. Everyone else wanted to be doctors, cops, teachers etc... and I was drawing blueprints. Then in high school I wanted to be a... oh thats right, still a drafter/designer/engineer. Didn't change much, and I was still the odd one.

What do I do now? I am a tool and fixture designer. :biggrin:

shayrenee17
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby shayrenee17 » 13 Sep 2010 05:28

Since I grew up in the city I took the bus to wherever I had to go and I thought it would be cool to be a bus driver lol

Huge thanks to Lyzz and Heather for my avatars :D You are so talented!

I'm at the point where honesty just doesn't f***ing work for me

That's What She Said!

kamieleanne
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby kamieleanne » 16 Sep 2010 09:27

A Palaeontologist, big words for a small child, but I loved dinosaurs so much!

Kamie...xx <3

stephb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby stephb » 16 Sep 2010 13:08

Steph

kamieleanne
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby kamieleanne » 18 Sep 2010 18:50

Kamie...xx <3

joneen13
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby joneen13 » 03 Nov 2010 21:28

I know this is gonna sound really strange and really wrong but when I was younger I wanted to gorw up to be an exotic dancer.

The girls were always really pretty and got lots of attention.

The furthest I got was getting a pole of my own. Rubbing up all naked on old guys makes my skin crawl a bit.

kamieleanne
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby kamieleanne » 03 Nov 2010 23:11

Kamie...xx <3

Julie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Julie » 05 Nov 2010 06:54

My theory is as such....70 year-olds of today swing dance at weddings, so at 70 we'll be moshing and head banging in walkers to Rage.

Rose
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Rose » 05 Nov 2010 07:02

I wanted to be a rock star or a veterinarian, I still either want to be a rock star or a veterinarian, but I guess I haven't grown up yet. :smile:

Portland ME, 11/26/10, Bangor ME, 7/31/11, Boston MA, 9/20/12,
Portland ME, 8/14/13

Juliesnaps
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Juliesnaps » 05 Nov 2010 07:37

I wanted to be a teacher at first but when I was around 8 or 9 I started wanting to be a flight attendant. I'm reaching for that goal and am currently in the "recruitment" process with Delta airlines, which is really exciting!!!

MoparDSM
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby MoparDSM » 05 Nov 2010 09:26

When I was a little kid I wanted to be a marine biologist.

That stuck for a long time before law and politics caught my eye in high school and I wanted to be a lawyer. That stuck for a while through some college.

While in college I decided that I didn't want that competitive of a field and I opted for business administration.

What am I now? A project engineer/analyst.

Bibsalright
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Bibsalright » 05 Nov 2010 14:36

I wanted to be an interior designer. Then a member of a girl band :laugh:

I hope that you don't break...

Mandi
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Mandi » 05 Nov 2010 16:17

I wanted to be 5'8". Boooooooooo for 5'6"

When I graduated high school I wanted to be a vet...and quickly realized in college that accounting came natural. Go figure!! :laugh:

Mandi

kamieleanne
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby kamieleanne » 05 Nov 2010 17:07

Kamie...xx <3

JayElle
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby JayElle » 02 Dec 2010 08:41

When I was young, I wanted nothing more than to be a pirate =D (which hasn't really changed...)

Later on I wanted to be a sailor scout, a writer, a pastry chef, and a tattoo artist (surprise, Dad!)

I never thought I'd end up studying Economics, but hey, if the policy fits... :biggrin:

11 Apr 2010 - Ottawa
15 Sep 2010 - Clifton Park
28 Nov 2010 - Syracuse
16 Mar 2011 - Clifton Park
01 Aug 2011 - Jermyn

Grief & resentment, I replace with understanding & agreement. Revolt, I replace with music. I will be able to love above all discontentment. To give even when I am stripped of everything.

I know you're connected to a part of me that I don't even know myself

Speedynek
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Speedynek » 02 Dec 2010 08:57

When I was a child, I wanted to be a dustman! :biggrin: Was so cool in my childhood! Everyone wanted to be but I always knew I'll be the best.. :biggrin: Nowdays I'm accountant and have a new dream.. Become a part of road crew of some band (Sick Puppies) :biggrin: :laugh: or become a drummer! I want drums for a couple years but don't have room or space for them.. :cry:

Thanks to for signature!

Proud 1st Czech member and Ambassador! :D

Will I ever learn to treasure the ones I care for? Everyone leaves in the end doesn't matter how hard you hold on. Doesn't matter how much you drain your heart for.

Return to “Random”