Post your music equipment!!!

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
SickPuppiesChevelle
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post your music equipment!!!

Unread postby SickPuppiesChevelle » 26 Apr 2010 18:57

As the title suggests, this thread is for everyone to post their music equipment!

Pics are definitely encouraged. I don't have pics of mine, but I will post stock pictures.

My baby is my Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass. It plays very well and has two sets of pickups. It is so lightweight that it feels like a guitar.

One of my best purchases was buying a Hipshot Bass Xtender for my bass. For those that don't know, it is a tuning head that has a switch to change the top string from standard to drop d tuning. A must have for a rock band bassist that does not have roadies and a set of different guitars.

My cabinet is a simple 4x10 fender bassman. No complaints with it whatsoever. It has 4 ten inch speakers and two horns. My cabinet does not have the luxury of wheels that this picture has. I have the model that has the tilt (as shown in the picture) to project the sound.

I feel like my head is one of very good quality. It is not in production anymore so I was able to find it online. It is the Peavey Firebass 700.

I want to add another cabinet for my rig, but I don't think I will until we start playing at larger venues (if ever).

When I play acoustic shows, I play on a 14 inch Remo black earth djembe.

What does everyone else have?

(sorry if this is a repeat topic. I did a quick search and didn't find anything)

SickPuppiesChevelle
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Post your music equipment!!!

Unread postby SickPuppiesChevelle » 28 Apr 2010 00:31

No body else plays anything?

c'mon now, don't leave me in this thread by myself. I can't have 3 threads fail in this same forum lol

DropC
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby DropC » 28 Apr 2010 12:40

I don't have any gigging equipment, but I do have the following:
Schecter Damien 6
Schecter Damien Special FR
Axl Badwater Eldorado
Line-6 Spider 3 15 watt practice amp

The next time they stop outside my f*cking house, I'm gonna drag them out the back door and...
*KnockKnock*
Who's there?
Max.
Max? Max who?
Makes no difference OPEN THE DOOR!
I lost the game.

Julie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Julie » 30 Apr 2010 21:25

I play an acoustic guitar, but I'm not sure by who. I recieved it as a gift from my parents when I was 15 or 16. It's in SPWC Cast #3 I believe, but alas I have no pictures of it. :smile:

My theory is as such....70 year-olds of today swing dance at weddings, so at 70 we'll be moshing and head banging in walkers to Rage.

Rose
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Rose » 01 May 2010 20:22

I have an Antares acoustic that's probably twenty years old and almost in tune. My mom got it from some friend who left it at someones house and it was passed around and around until it ended up in our basement with me. :noclue: Mine now.

I also have a blue gibson, that one to be exact with all the crap shown in the second picture.
It was a present for my sister a few years ago. She never picked it up and a few months ago I did.
Sadly while sitting in the closet for a year it got a long white scratch under the bridge :ugh: which me and my friends covered in band-aids. :comfort:

Portland ME, 11/26/10, Bangor ME, 7/31/11, Boston MA, 9/20/12,
Portland ME, 8/14/13

Crazzzy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Crazzzy » 02 May 2010 00:15

I have a DeArmond 5 string Neck Through, a Cort 4 String, and a 4 string Lotus (my first bass)

I have a two GK Backline Cabs (a 4x10 and a 1X15) with the Backline 600 Amp with a Korg Rack Tuner.

My Pedal board consists of The Boss Bass Chorus/Flanger dual pedal, the Boss Bass Distortion Pedal, Electro Harmony Bass Synthesizer, a Morely Bass Wah Pedal, and the Sans Amp (with the 3 preset switches). I also have a Digitech Delay pedal but I don't use it because it is inferior to the Boss Delay Pedal (which I haven't bought yet)

Check out my band

dlcramer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby dlcramer » 24 May 2010 21:13

We just play around the house, not serious by any means.

I have a Epiphone Les Paul Special II with Marshall amp and
my wife has a Dean 09 Bass and amp set. Fun for now and
she will probably upgrade when she is ready. She just got
it for xmas and is learning quick.

MoparDSM
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby MoparDSM » 23 Oct 2010 04:53

Old thread bump. I searched and didn't want to make a repeat thread.

SR305DX. Manu of 7/02, received 12/25/02 lol
I wanted Ibanez because of the thin neck and sound. I wanted 5 string for versatility. I didn't have a body material preference at the time since I was still fairly novice. I don't care for single coil pickups, wanted humbuckers. Voila. Agathis body, but best bang for the buck. It's very light, which is nice. I wouldn't complain about picking up a mahogany bodied bass someday, maybe as a 4 string to play with.

Also loving the light D'Addario strings I just put on. This bass has a nice, rich tone on it's own and the light strings brighten it up just a smidge and the sound is absolutely perfect, in my opinion.

.5 String Love.

I'm finally on the hunt for an amp that isn't relatively terrible, but I'm still on my Crate BX15 from when I started playing :counts: Well, all you need to know is over a decade ago. Wimpy wimpy wimpy lol.

Like this, but older and cheaper plastic knobs.

Aaaaaaaaaaand I've just ordered this to play with. I was thinking about grabbing a headphone amp, but this was a better use of the green stuff. Digitech BP80 bass effect pedal.

As far as technique: majority fingers, sometimes pick when the song calls for it, and still trying to self teach myself slap.

:music:

kamieleanne
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby kamieleanne » 23 Oct 2010 23:40

I have 2 50W cabinets from Yamaha.
That's my gigging equipment.
I love them.

Kamie...xx <3

Dani071890
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Dani071890 » 26 Oct 2010 00:08

I play for fun no means of seriousness going around here but I use

A Fender electric I'm not really sure what model it is thou I got a DOD Grind IT Amp and a Epiphone Custom. Jasmine by Takamine acoustic guitar and a Yamaha Bass RBX170 with an Ibanez Soundwave SWX Amp combo pack. I also have CB Drums SP Series. I played in High School a AS500 Selmer Alto Saxophone Outfit.

2-9-10, 2-12-10, 9-16-10, 3-20-11, 8-1-11, 9-21-12
http://bit.ly/91taYD My guinea pig named by Shim :biggrin:
http://bit.ly/if6ZoQ Happy B-day Shim!! From Happy :smile:
Happy the guinea pig is the best guinea pig out there. Why? You ask. Cuz Shim named him :biggrin:

kamieleanne
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby kamieleanne » 26 Oct 2010 15:14

Kamie...xx <3

xagenttexas
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby xagenttexas » 26 Oct 2010 18:06

I have a Rogue LX200B Series II Bass, it's blue :smile:

All smiles and sunshine, a perfect world on a perfect day
Everything always works out, I have never felt so f**king great

Rose
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Rose » 26 Oct 2010 18:09

Blueish

Portland ME, 11/26/10, Bangor ME, 7/31/11, Boston MA, 9/20/12,
Portland ME, 8/14/13

xagenttexas
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby xagenttexas » 27 Oct 2010 04:28

All smiles and sunshine, a perfect world on a perfect day
Everything always works out, I have never felt so f**king great

kamieleanne
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby kamieleanne » 28 Oct 2010 06:25

Some of my stuff...

Kamie...xx <3

MoparDSM
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby MoparDSM » 30 Oct 2010 16:55

Forget that Crate BX-15 I had before. Just upgraded to a Peavey halfstack for less than $250

Mark IV amp, 210/4ohms 300/2ohms

115BVX, not sure of the specs until it shows up. I really wanted the Black Widow 15"

Last edited by MoparDSM on 02 Nov 2010 16:45, edited 1 time in total.

kamieleanne
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby kamieleanne » 02 Nov 2010 05:13

Kamie...xx <3

MoparDSM
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby MoparDSM » 02 Nov 2010 16:43

Post it up!! :rock:

kamieleanne
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby kamieleanne » 03 Nov 2010 00:05

Kamie...xx <3

MoparDSM
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby MoparDSM » 03 Nov 2010 17:57

Neat!

Return to “Random”