Random Question

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Cody Lee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Random Question

Unread postby Cody Lee » 13 Nov 2010 11:45

I used to read a TON of books, 1-2 books a day. They were mostly fantasy series (and considering I read them as a kid they were probably geared towards young reader's). There is one series that no matter how much I try to think of, or google, or anything i cannot remember what it was. I just remember small things. It was a world where these people's shadows were there "pets". At a certain age they got to go to this place and turn their shadow into whatever it would be from then on out. That's about all I remember.

If you have any idea what it is let me know cause it is bugging the hell out of me that I Can't think of it lol.

"An idea is like a virus, resilient, highly contagious. The smallest seed of an idea can grow. It can grow to define, or destroy you."
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
Formerly known as Cakerz

dlcramer
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Random Question

Unread postby dlcramer » 13 Nov 2010 12:04

This sounds very similar to a novel called Northern Lights that went on to become the movie The Golden Compass. But in Northern Lights it was not their shaddow but their soul that manifested itself as a pet.

Cody Lee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cody Lee » 13 Nov 2010 12:28

Lol yeah everyone always points me towards the golden compass but this one had more of fantasy type setting (I believe they actually lived in a castle or something like that.) But yeah the shadow pet thing always leads me back to the GC series but I know that's not it :(

"An idea is like a virus, resilient, highly contagious. The smallest seed of an idea can grow. It can grow to define, or destroy you."
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
Formerly known as Cakerz

kakugori
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby kakugori » 13 Nov 2010 12:48

Maybe what you're thinking of is series by Garth Nix? I'm a fan, and this sounds pretty similar.

Cody Lee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cody Lee » 13 Nov 2010 16:10

Formerly known as Cakerz

Cody Lee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cody Lee » 13 Nov 2010 16:19

I have a list of fantasy series I read as a kid that I want to go back and reread. I have a feeling some of them will probably be more "kiddish" then I remember but hopefully not.

The Seventh Tower series
Deltora Quest series
Chronicles of Prydain
The Dark Elf Trilogy (if I remember correctly this one is definitely not childish)
The Lost Years of Merlin

Revisiting my childhood lol

Formerly known as Cakerz

Stacey
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Stacey » 13 Nov 2010 17:23

Sassy, Classy And A Little Smart Assy

5/31/07-Denver~8/5/08-Casper~8/20/08-Denver~9/8/09-CO Springs~9/9/09-Denver~10/23/09-Nashville~5/12/10-CO Springs~5/13/10-Denver~4/22/11-Casper~7/27/11-Cheyenne~10/16/11-Las Vegas~10/12/12-Casper~10/13/12-Denver~6/22/13-North Platte~9/3/13-Denver~12/13/13-CO Springs~3/10/14-Denver~5/1/16-Jacksonville~12/8/16-Omaha~3/2/17-Billings~4/30/17-Henderson, NV

Cody Lee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cody Lee » 13 Nov 2010 17:34

Formerly known as Cakerz

kamieleanne
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby kamieleanne » 13 Nov 2010 17:47

I'm reading that series now!!!!!!!!

Kamie...xx <3

Cody Lee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cody Lee » 13 Nov 2010 18:17

Formerly known as Cakerz

kamieleanne
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby kamieleanne » 18 Nov 2010 17:27

Kamie...xx <3

Return to “Random”