North korea World war 3????

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Schecter7
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

North korea World war 3????

Unread postby Schecter7 » 20 Dec 2010 12:20

So I heard that South Korea has continued firing drills which North Korea said if they did it would start a war. Who thinks we could be in another war/economic crisis?
:shame:

News link: http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/national/s ... etaliation

Why does it feel so wrong, to reach for something more?
Seriously why?!?!?! :'(

DXCrue
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: North korea World war 3????

Unread postby DXCrue » 20 Dec 2010 14:47

A long time ago I would have said "No chance in hell. This will all blow over." But now??? I like to have a little faith in people. That surly it's understood that NO ONE wins if there's a world war 3. And I don't think it'll happen. Pervious World Wars were called so becasue of the many layered alliances diffrent countries had. North Koera has allies. South Koera has allies. I just think they don't have allies who are willing to care, and with both sides being nuclear, see no need to care. Totally a good thing by the way.

Worst case? Two nations and pretty much all of South East Asia are made totally inhabbitable, in what has got to be the stupidest thing ever. Best case? Diplomacy pervails, and we just end up on nuclear watch for the next 50 years. Maybe David Hasselof takes the time to put out another album. This could be the catyals he needs. Arise Hoff!

ckiemnstr345
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby ckiemnstr345 » 20 Dec 2010 14:52

Considering that the Korean war never ended starting a new one would be kinda hard. There wouldn't be a world war because North Korea doesn't have any allies really except maybe China but China doesn't want to screw anything up economically with the U.S. so I don't think China will do anything. I really don't think the U.S. would be sending that many troups because the South Korea would be helped by NATO and the maybe the U.N.

If North Korea decided to use its nuclear arsenol most of the nuclear powers would counter attack and destroy the entire country so I don't think that is going to happen either.

Achieving total skin coverage one tattoo at a time.

Schecter7
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Schecter7 » 20 Dec 2010 14:54

North Korea said they promise a war will start if the us military and south korea continue to do those drills which they are currently doing. So I guess it's just a waiting game now.

Freedomfight3r
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Freedomfight3r » 20 Dec 2010 15:08

South Korea isn't actually nuclear. They might have nuclear power plants, but they don't possess any nuclear weapons.
Likely series of events:
North Korea will send off a few more artillery shells as a warning to Seoul. Thus, making Seoul have the next move. Which gives them the option of:
1. Pursue Pyongyang with retaliation, declaring war in the process.
2. Clawing to diplomatic routes and begging the United States and friends to condemn Pyongyang's actions.
3. Continue military exercises in the region while also pursuing point 2. Which gives Pyongyang the next move, which would likely be further artillery attacks.
Scrap rational choice theory, this is all game theory.

IF a war was to break out, the West and Seoul would be inclined to avoid the use of nuclear weapons at all costs. As we don't know much about what goes on in Pyongyang, we can expect a lack of care for MAD and a potential launching of nuclear weapons/further artillery fire, various attacks, etc.
Pyongyang doesn't have a sea of allies willing to help, they've only got Beijing really. And they've very iffy about helping out in anything that involves North Korean aggression.
Seoul has the United States. Due to the 1953 MDT (Mutual Defense Treaty) the U.S. will be obliged to send more troops to the region. Or just send a few ICBMs into the region (Russia would just loooooooove to see nukes flying in their general direction like this...) obliterating the North, and helping us all bask in the fires of one thousand suns.

EDIT: Anyway, the likely outcome will be the North sending a few shots over, diplomacy going everywhere, resulting in the North getting a load of aid packages in return for a continued ceasefire, which is exactly what's happened every time something happened. Kim Jong-Il knows how to milk the diplomatic community.

Schecter7
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Schecter7 » 20 Dec 2010 15:10

Very good point

stephb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby stephb » 20 Dec 2010 19:09

I, too, don't think this well end well. I believe I heard that it was North Korea that said they would use their nuclear stuff.

Steph

Schecter7
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Schecter7 » 21 Dec 2010 10:34

I'm not sure what they're playing with but they claim they will start a war if drills continue. But that was yesturday and nothing happened yet as far as I know. I haven't heard anything new about it on the news. If you ask me I think North Korea just talks alot of sh*t, I don't think they're ready to get their asses handed to them by south korea and the U.S!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

-G-
SP Merch
SP Merch

Unread postby -G- » 21 Dec 2010 16:35

The following commentaries are for entertainment purposes only. The view and opinions expressed herein are those of the demented individual and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of Sick Puppies or any of their respective affiliates or employees. Parental discretion is advised. Look both ways when crossing the street and don't forget to wash your hands every time you use the restroom. In case of fire, stop, drop and (rock n) roll! Merching at the speed of light!

stephb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby stephb » 21 Dec 2010 18:41

Steph

Schecter7
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Schecter7 » 22 Dec 2010 09:49

Lol no trolling on my post merch xD

kamieleanne
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby kamieleanne » 25 Dec 2010 07:30

Well, I don't watch the news/read the paper, so I have no idea what's going on with North Korea.

BUT, I definetely think that there will be another financial crisis. Simply because nothings perfect, it's not going to stay in mint condition forever.

Kamie...xx <3

Return to “Random”