A "Sick" Engagement

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mike
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

A "Sick" Engagement

Unread postby Mike » 28 Jul 2009 10:39

So I decided to go ahead and post this so people who haven't seen it on the Columbia thread could have another reason to believe that the Sick Puppies is the greatest band in existence.

For those of you who haven't heard, I got engaged at the show in Columbia, MO on 7/22. What makes this even better is that the Pups helped me out. I had sent a message to Susanna about a month before the show, and she told me that I needed to talk to Paul (their band manager) at the show. When I got to the show, everyone was understandably busy, so I didn't get a chance to see Paul until right before the Sick Puppies set. Next thing I know, I'm being taken to the Sick Puppies tour bus to talk to the band about what I wanted to do. Needless to say I was in shock at getting to go on their tour bus, but I was even more shocked when, after talking to the band on the bus, they said yes. During the show, near the end of the song Riptide, one of their crew comes and gets me to take me backstage. Up to this point, my girlfriend/soon to be fiancee thinks I've just been pestering the people at the merch booth and going to the bathroom a lot. At this point though, she is understandably confused about where I am going. The only thing I could think of to say was "Wait here I'll be right back." Looking confused, she just stared at me as I walked back stage. I get back stage, and Shim finishes up Riptide and realizes that he forgot my name (understandable given the fact that he is in the middle of a set), so he runs back and asks me my name. At this point I realize that I had yet to actually think about what I was going to say once I got on stage :surprised:. Shim has them bring up the house lights, announces that it was a historic moment for the band, and the rest of me making a fool of myself can be seen below. (Sorry for posting this video again, but it seemed better than trying to redirect everyone)

ToniB
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: A "Sick" Engagement

Unread postby ToniB » 28 Jul 2009 10:49

Mike - I think it's a great story! How cool is that? You guys must be very happy and what a super fun story to tell your friends, family and someday maybe even your kids!

Hey, it's gonna be okay. Hey, we're gonna laugh at this one day.

Mateus
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Mateus » 28 Jul 2009 13:24

nicely done mate!
i don't think i'd have the guts to do that honestly.

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 28 Jul 2009 13:34

It was very cool of them to let this happen. And I don't think you sounded bad or made a fool out of yourself at all!

Cassandra
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cassandra » 28 Jul 2009 13:56

That's really cool Mike! That will be a great story to tell everyone. :biggrin:

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 28 Jul 2009 19:39

Mike, Congratulations!! That is such a great story!! She is very lucky to have you. :smile:

Shim: You don't like Rage Against the Machine?
Me: I like one song.
Shim: Which one?
Me: Bulls on Parade.
Shim: F%&* off! HAHA

Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Donna » 28 Jul 2009 20:07

Very awesome Mike -- it will definitely be a memorable moment for both of you :biggrin:

I believe in nothing, not the day and not the dark. I believe in nothing but the beating of our hearts

nicolenice
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby nicolenice » 29 Jul 2009 11:15

Mike I am so happy for you two, I hope your wedding is great, you know if you got spare cash have SP play :tongue:

But the proposal was soooo cute I actually saw it on you tube before here :laugh:

Kemmy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Kemmy » 29 Jul 2009 11:42

Mike, that's so cool! And it was awesome of SP and Paul to be in on it. Congratulations!

Christian
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Christian » 29 Jul 2009 12:14

I saw the video of this on youtube and it was so totally cool.If I had the chance to do this for my future wife you better believe I would.That is so totally cool and I am so happy for the soon to be married couple.:)(Sorry there names escape me)I give my sincere congratulations to you both.It truly was a sick engagement and promises to be a great marriage.Best wishes! :thumbsup: :clapping: :smile:

Why So Serious!

summertime<3
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby summertime<3 » 07 Feb 2011 21:07

(sorry to revive this!..I see I'm about 2 years late..) lol

but WOW. that is one of the cutest things i've ever seen!

..and i'm drowning in the ashes; kicking, screaming. <3
Dubuque, IA ~ 7/26/2008
Milwaukee, WI ~ 5/21/2010
Peoria, IL ~ 12/10/2010
Waterloo, IA ~ 3/4/2011 <3
Rockford, IL ~ 5/14/2011

Platteville, WI ~ 9/5/2011

kamieleanne
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby kamieleanne » 08 Feb 2011 18:30

That's so incredibly amazingly gorgeous!!!!!!!!!

Kamie...xx <3

*J*
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby *J* » 08 Feb 2011 20:31

Yeah, how cool is that? Nicely done, man!

chrispynintendo
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby chrispynintendo » 08 Feb 2011 21:32

thats awesome man, lucky one

Albuquerque, NM 3/5/10

During Show
Me: "You F***ing rock!!!!"
Shim: [Points to me] "No man, you F***ing rock!"

After Show
Shim: "Hey man, You were going ape sh*t out there man! you rock!"
Me: "You Rock!"

Best night of my life!!!!

STLOUIS_FAN
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby STLOUIS_FAN » 09 Feb 2011 06:09

That's awesome, I love it! :clapping:

May 23, 2009 VooDoo (Pointfest Eve)
September 11, 2009 T Mobile (Acoustic show)
September 11, 2009 The Pagent
December 13, 2009 Scottrade Center (Ho Ho Show)
December 13, 2010 The Pageant (Private acoustic show)
December 13, 2010 The Pageant (Ho Ho Show)
May 15, 2011 Pointfest

kamieleanne
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby kamieleanne » 09 Feb 2011 23:47

Kamie...xx <3

hamjen
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby hamjen » 10 Feb 2011 14:55

The PERFECT place to propose in my opinion!!!!!! Of course, I'd live at a SP show if I could!!! Nicely done!

tbritting
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby tbritting » 10 Feb 2011 23:10

I can say for a fact that you didn't make a fool of yourself :biggrin:
I think if I was ever to propose to my girlfriend (if I had one), it would be on stage with Shim, Mark and Emma!!! Congrats Mike :rock:

kamieleanne
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby kamieleanne » 03 Mar 2011 11:13

Kamie...xx <3

Stheno
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Stheno » 16 Mar 2011 16:59

Aww that is so sweet :D I'm jealous lol

You liar go f*ck yourself
So listen to your heart
And help your dreams, to come true

http://www.facebook.com/mosher.bunny

Return to “Random”