My "rockstar" moment

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
oddone68011
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

My "rockstar" moment

Unread postby oddone68011 » 06 Mar 2011 20:30

I was on a cruise and there was rock band on it and I joined in. They randomly select band names for the groups of people and for some reason my band name just had to be called "The Flipper Nipples." Well we played a Rise Against song (I think Prayer of the Refugee) and this was my third time playing Rockband/Guitar Hero. I ended up getting every note on hard difficulty, and people started throwing popcorn at me and cheering... :rock:
Anyone else have a moment like this?

I like to step on cracks. I go against the odds.
You think my world is flat, do I turn you on?
Maybe...yeah, I'm wrong. But I like where I'm going.
I leave when others stay. I never redecide.
I don't mind if you wait. But I don't waste my time.
Crazy...is just fine. Cause I like where I'm going.

katie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: My "rockstar" moment

Unread postby katie » 06 Mar 2011 20:44

Getting every note on hard, for your third time playing rockband?? You ARE amazing :biggrin: I kinda had a moment like this once.. This year, I came home from skiing on new years eve (at like 2 am) and my parents had randomly thrown a party and this old guy was sitting in my basement playing his bass, my dad was on drums and they were like "katie come join us", so we played some classic rock song and for a second i felt like i finally had myself band.. until i whipped out some sick puppies, they stopped playing and stared at me :ugh:

tbritting
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby tbritting » 07 Mar 2011 07:43

Got to hang out and watch the Pups soundcheck before a show and have dinner with them. Thats the closest "rockstar" moment I've had :laugh:

Rose
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Rose » 07 Mar 2011 15:11

Getting 100% on rock band about ten minutes ago. :biggrin:

Portland ME, 11/26/10, Bangor ME, 7/31/11, Boston MA, 9/20/12,
Portland ME, 8/14/13

oddone68011
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby oddone68011 » 07 Mar 2011 21:54

I like to step on cracks. I go against the odds.
You think my world is flat, do I turn you on?
Maybe...yeah, I'm wrong. But I like where I'm going.
I leave when others stay. I never redecide.
I don't mind if you wait. But I don't waste my time.
Crazy...is just fine. Cause I like where I'm going.

summertime<3
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby summertime<3 » 08 Mar 2011 19:17

..and i'm drowning in the ashes; kicking, screaming. <3
Dubuque, IA ~ 7/26/2008
Milwaukee, WI ~ 5/21/2010
Peoria, IL ~ 12/10/2010
Waterloo, IA ~ 3/4/2011 <3
Rockford, IL ~ 5/14/2011

Platteville, WI ~ 9/5/2011

tbritting
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby tbritting » 08 Mar 2011 22:52

It was a prize that my local radio station was giving away the day after thanksgiving. I was extremely excited when I heard my name as one of the winners
:shocked: :crazy: :rock: <------- That was me when I heard my name :laugh:

SickPuppiesFanMike91
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby SickPuppiesFanMike91 » 09 Mar 2011 07:20

That is awesome dude.

Keep Rockin

summertime<3
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby summertime<3 » 09 Mar 2011 08:17

Awesome! So there were other winners too? What was it like? Details. :)

..and i'm drowning in the ashes; kicking, screaming. <3
Dubuque, IA ~ 7/26/2008
Milwaukee, WI ~ 5/21/2010
Peoria, IL ~ 12/10/2010
Waterloo, IA ~ 3/4/2011 <3
Rockford, IL ~ 5/14/2011

Platteville, WI ~ 9/5/2011

Myst
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Myst » 12 Mar 2011 08:39

wow, that's an awesome score for only your third time playing! I own and have been playing various rockband/GH games for a year now and I still can't play a Rise Against song 100%, lol. I'm usually mid-high 90's on hard/expert level. I don't have Prayer of the Refugee though, wish I did! The only two I've got are Give It All (RB2) and Re-Education Through Labor (GH World Tour) as far as I know. I can't remember if there are RA songs on any of my other games...

I've got a similar rock band story though... for Christmas this year I was given Rockband 3 with the keyboard. Myself and the extended family that had come up for the holiday put together a full band and played for quite awhile in the afternoon. We had my step-bro on keys, my step-sis on bass, I was on guitar, and my step-sis's husband was singing. I'd left the drums at my house, so no drummer. By far the most amusing song we played? Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody". I almost couldn't play my parts because I was laughing so hard at my step-sis's husband trying to sing like that guy, lol. As revenge, they made me play "Free Bird". Holy solo. I failed, lol.

Return to “Random”