Tattoo opinions

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
The Bomb
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Tattoo opinions

Unread postby The Bomb » 23 Mar 2011 11:15

Hey everyone,

So I've been thinking about getting a tattoo on my wrist for a long while. Probably at least a year. But, maybe im too chicken to get it. I really like it a lot don't get me wrong. I'm just thinking about the future; maybe too much.

Anyway the tattoo would be the word "motive" on the inner wrist with a small band running around my wrist. I choose the word motive because its something that I feel like im lacking in my life. And, it would sorta be an addition to me.

What do yall think I should do? Get it or not? :crazy:

Jessie Rahl
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: Tattoo opinions

Unread postby Jessie Rahl » 23 Mar 2011 11:29

I like that idea. If you get it small enough and subtle enough it shouldn't be too regrettable. Especially if it means something to you and can serve as a daily reminder as to why you got that tattoo in the first place. I always feel like a tattoo should really mean something, rather than just something gotten "cuz it looks cool". This is definitely one of those that mean something. :cool:

summertime<3
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby summertime<3 » 23 Mar 2011 11:38

I think it's a great idea. It's cool that it means something to you, and I like where you're getting it.

..and i'm drowning in the ashes; kicking, screaming. <3
Dubuque, IA ~ 7/26/2008
Milwaukee, WI ~ 5/21/2010
Peoria, IL ~ 12/10/2010
Waterloo, IA ~ 3/4/2011 <3
Rockford, IL ~ 5/14/2011

Platteville, WI ~ 9/5/2011

Stheno
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Stheno » 23 Mar 2011 18:00

I think you should as like what has been said before it means something to you, and whenever you feel down or anything it'll be there to remind you :)

Just saying the inner wrist does hurt a little :)

You liar go f*ck yourself
So listen to your heart
And help your dreams, to come true

http://www.facebook.com/mosher.bunny

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 23 Mar 2011 19:35

I have a pretty large, colorful tattoo on my inner wrist, and if I need to hide it (like for a job interview or something) it's not too hard to do. Long sleeves cover it just fine. But that being said, I don't have to have it covered at my office...so I don't have to worry about whether or not it is visible everyday. :noclue:

Hollee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Hollee » 23 Mar 2011 20:36

I have a tattoo on each wrist, and I don't regret either one of them, and I doubt I will 20 years from now. I made sure before I got them that they would be something I could be proud of my whole life.

If it is something that you love and you don't see yourself regretting, go for it.

The Bomb
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby The Bomb » 24 Mar 2011 10:19

Thanks for the input everyone! I'm just one of those people who thinks too much haha so it really helped me a lot to her what yall had to say.

I think I'm gonna get it soon! :music:

Tammy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Tammy » 24 Mar 2011 12:30

Just keep in mind what you might think it awesome today doesn't mean you will feel the same in years to come. We can't determine now how we will feel tomorrow let alone years down the road. Employers are looking down on piercing and tats more so now than ever but most people can get away with covering up the tats. Depending on your profession will depend on how the "higher ups" will look at tats. Now with all that being said, I'm 41 got my 1st tat at 40 and now have 4 LOL, one on my inside left wrist, one of the back of my neck and two large tats on each of my legs. I'm talking knee to ankle. And I am a full-time Psychology student so I haven't hit the workforce with the tats yet but all can be covered even the one on my wrist with a watch :) It's good that you have thought so long about it and it's good to get opinions from people that have gotten them. I know some of my church family frown on the tats but in the end it's what makes me happy period. :music: :rock:

P.S. My 2nd tat was a huge right leg tat that was "White Balloons" inspired :)

GabbyGold
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby GabbyGold » 24 Mar 2011 17:44

i think it sounds like a great idea!! Meaningfull tatoos that are helpful to you are usually a good idea.

The wrist is a little sensitive so it might hurt a little.

'Sides that i say, Go for it!!

“Music speaks what cannot be expressed,
soothes the mind and gives it rest,
heals the heart and makes it whole,
flows from heaven to the soul.”

Jessamy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Jessamy » 27 Mar 2011 13:15

I think the idea that you'll regret a tattoo later is silly, as long as it's not something stupid for no reason.

I think as long as that tattoo means something important to you now, you can't regret getting it later

Sick Puppies + My Chemical Romance = :love:
08-18-08~ 05-23-09~ 07-22-09~ 09-11-09~ 12-13-10~ 04-23-10~ 05-01-10~ 07-15-10~ 08-13-10~08-14-10~12-10-10~12-13-10~04-19-11

ckiemnstr345
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby ckiemnstr345 » 27 Mar 2011 14:07

Over half of my tattoos wouldn't really have meaning at all if I didn't go into the Navy. At one point I decided to get a full body suit and the only way a I can really do that is if I get tattoos that are more for the art of tattooing then anything that has a lot of meaning behind it. My two favorite tattoos have absolutely no meaning behind them what so ever. They are just really well done and look amazing.

Achieving total skin coverage one tattoo at a time.

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Dana » 29 Mar 2011 13:46

#2017ForDavid :sp:

Jessie Rahl
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Jessie Rahl » 30 Mar 2011 12:23

So long as you don't do something like Steve-O did, getting tattooed while in the back of a Jeep and going over whoops on a dirt course. I'd be hard pressed to find a solid, "unregretable" meaning in that tattoo. :laugh:

The Bomb
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby The Bomb » 30 Mar 2011 19:07

Return to “Random”