My first Bass and a bloody mess!

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PushyGirl86
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

My first Bass and a bloody mess!

Unread postby PushyGirl86 » 13 Aug 2011 18:37

So I have been wanting a bass for while now, so I looked around and landed a killer deal for a 20th Annaversary Fender Squier with amp, cable, and bag for $80 on craigslist!
Yesterday morning my husband stopped at the guys house on his way home from work, and I met him at the door, bc I was so excited! Coming in the apartment we have this shelf we call a landing, we have had a decoratve shotglass set, and one fell on the top of my foot, and it felt like something heavy hit my foot, and he looks down and goes "oh sh*t babe!" I look down and I am GUSHING blood I get to the bathroom asap, and I am leaving a HUGE trail of blood! I cover it with a hand towel fast and applied pressure. It wouldnt stop! had to call 911 and they came and instantly said "we gotta take you in!" bc I had struck a major vein! so I got to ride in the ambulance for like the first time ever. and I was crying the whole way in pain.
Get there and they took xrays to make sure no glass was left in there. I had cut it 1" long and 1/2" deep! killed nerves that the doc said should grow back. Bruised bone, and had to have 3 stitches. It was so painful! Still is! I am on pain meds bc its so bad! Its on a bad shot on my foot right where my ancle/foot bends....a little to the right or left and I would have done some permamnt damage!
All of this happened at 8:30 in the morning! And I didnt even get to touch my bass until later that day! that sucked! and I am still loopy from the pain meds where I cant even really enjoy it. But I am getting there, and I am so beyond excited!
SOrry this was so long I just wanted to share my bizazar and yet exciting day hahaha :crazy:

Danielle

Rochester NY, Mar 27 / 11
Rochester NY, Aug 01 / 10
Weedsport NY, Jul 19 / 08
Syracuse NY, Jul 30 / 11

DXCrue
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: My first Bass and a bloody mess!

Unread postby DXCrue » 15 Aug 2011 07:49

Holy hell that's brutal! And I can't be the only thinking you should totaly write a song about it.

Nathan Explosion: "Bloody Bass..no..Bloody Messy Bass? Murder Bass? Yeah. It's about this bass guitar. And it cuts this guy in half. And there's blood everywhere. Oh, and it happens over and over again.
:laugh:

PushyGirl86
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby PushyGirl86 » 15 Aug 2011 10:55

hahaha in the hospital I totally said I should write a song about this, and call it something like "crimson bass" haha :laugh:

Danielle

Rochester NY, Mar 27 / 11
Rochester NY, Aug 01 / 10
Weedsport NY, Jul 19 / 08
Syracuse NY, Jul 30 / 11

sum1special
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby sum1special » 15 Aug 2011 17:28

Ouch :shocked:

*J*
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby *J* » 15 Aug 2011 18:39

Crazzzy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Crazzzy » 16 Aug 2011 23:13

As long as the bass is ok...

Lol, just kidding :laugh:

Thats pretty scary, I'm glad you didn't have permenent damage, and now you'll have plenty of time to sit down and play your bass :)

Check out my band

billeh
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby billeh » 18 Sep 2011 20:29

I'll do what I wanna do, 'cause I wasn't built to lose.

Show me where it hurts, and I will make it worse.
9/30/07, 9/20/08, 5/23/09, 8/14/10- Pointfest, St. Louis, MO
5/1/10-Rolla, MO
12/13/09, 12/13/10-Hoho Show, St. Louis, MO
4/24/10-Tulsa, OK

Return to “Random”