Most interesting concert story

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
i_wont_justify
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Most interesting concert story

Unread postby i_wont_justify » 20 Jun 2012 15:14

Assuming most of the world crew members are avid concert goers, Im sure some crazy behavior / individuals have stood out. Ive been to many a concert and love to share some of the more....strange stories with my friends.
So, are there any crazy things that have happened at any concert youve attended?

"if you cant beat em, might as well eat em, no ones getting out alive"

May 22, 2010 (Noblesville, IN)
July 14, 2010 (Wabash, IN)
May 21, 2011 (Columbus, OH)
August 20, 2011 (Fort Wayne, IN)

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: Most interesting concert story

Unread postby angelbear425 » 20 Jun 2012 20:05

Well.. I worked at a concert venue for the last 10 summers (this summer not included thanks to LiveNation/Aramark sucking major a$$ :angry: ), but I think one of the weirdest things I ever saw was at Warped Tour a few summers ago. It poured and in the middle of the midway area water gathered because it dipped down in the center. This scummy kid (and he can only be defined as such after what I witnessed him doing..) sat down in the filthy muddy water and took his shirt off. Then he started bathing himself in said water. Next he took his shoes off and proceeded to drink water out of his shoe. I wanted to vomit.

Shim: You don't like Rage Against the Machine?
Me: I like one song.
Shim: Which one?
Me: Bulls on Parade.
Shim: F%&* off! HAHA

i_wont_justify
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby i_wont_justify » 20 Jun 2012 20:17

stephb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby stephb » 20 Jun 2012 20:34

OMG Jami that is nasty...the whole thing not just the shoe.

Steph

ColorfulDetonation
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby ColorfulDetonation » 20 Jun 2012 21:09

That's... Gross...

~Michaela Lee~

i_wont_justify
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby i_wont_justify » 20 Jun 2012 21:23

I was seeing a7x, from the lawn, and there was a guy who was completely wasted next to my group of friends. We knew he was pretty tipsy so we gave him some space. Night fell and he was still stumbling around. a little while later, a bright light was coming from behind us; i looked over to the drunk guy just in time to see him fasten his pants. the light was coming from security as they approached the drunk man. There was a guy leading the security guard, and he pointed at the drunk guy and yelled "THIS IS HIM. this is the guy who pissed on me!" the security guard turned to the drunk guy and asked if he peed on the other man. the drunk guy went "HELL YEAH! high five!" the guard shook his head, and the drunk guy tried to high five the one he peed on. the guard couldnt stop laughing and just walked away.

stephb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby stephb » 20 Jun 2012 22:42

That's gross too.

Steph

crystal08

Unread postby crystal08 » 21 Jun 2012 13:26

I couldn't stop laughing over the drunk guy story. Crazy. The guy drinking water out of his shoe is just gross. I don't get how people can do that.

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 21 Jun 2012 14:53

Yea, and it isn't like he was drunk either because he looked like he was about 15.

Ewww the drunk guy is disgusting..

I have seen a lot over the last 10 years up there..

dlcramer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby dlcramer » 21 Jun 2012 18:27

I have seem some wierd things, but not a kid drinking from his shoe.

Suckiest: This 21/22 year old girl getting kick out of a concert in Boston. Crowd was moshing behind her and a guy hit her from behind. She was on the rail with us. She turned around and took the guy out. He was totally in the wrong but she got kicked out too and missed SP and Chevelle.

Coolest: In Tucson, Shim needing sun glasses on stage and yelling for me to throw him mine.

Funnest: hanging out with a bunch of ambadassadors and WC members at pointfest in the rain last year.

Scariest: being on rickety scafolding on the side of the stage and having a huge wind take out the banner near us at Rock Jam.

Drunkest (me): Tool in Vegas with G. Hangover part 3? What happens in Vegas really should stay in Vegas.

Most interesting? Difficult. Been to a few shows on halloween that come to mind.

josiep
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby josiep » 21 Jun 2012 18:46

i was sooooooooo impressed at this beautiful drawing of shim the chick near me drew, i was convinced it was a gift to shim. imagine my shock when she asked him to sign it and then TAKE IT BACK! i was like what the ****??? omg lol

no change,no change

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 22 Jun 2012 12:14

NickyToons
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby NickyToons » 22 Jun 2012 12:39

I went to a festival in Germany a few weeks ago, my two top gross stories at a concert both happened in one weekend!
One of them was with a drunk guy peeing in the crowd, it was just.. eww..
And the other one, was just a lot worse, it's even too bad to recall here. It's something I'm still trying to block from my mind haha. Let's say it was something with two guys doing things you only do in private..

For some reason there's always something funny or special happening at a Sick Puppies concert.. gosh I can't wait till I can go to the next one!

Speedynek
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Speedynek » 22 Jun 2012 16:02

Thanks to for signature!

Proud 1st Czech member and Ambassador! :D

Will I ever learn to treasure the ones I care for? Everyone leaves in the end doesn't matter how hard you hold on. Doesn't matter how much you drain your heart for.

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 22 Jun 2012 18:11

stephb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby stephb » 22 Jun 2012 20:53

Steph

i_wont_justify
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby i_wont_justify » 25 Jun 2012 19:01

I told him if he didn't leave I was going to spray mustard all over him. Well I warned him and he didn't listen. He unzipped and I started squirting. He was pissed! My volunteers and I were cracking up. :laugh: [/quote]

:lmao: thats hilarious! who would think mustard could be used as an effective repellent?

dulcecorazon98
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby dulcecorazon98 » 27 Jun 2012 23:25

I went to go see Gogol Bordello this month, All I can say was what a blast it was!! :rock: It was probably the most craziest concert ever! everyone was going wild. People were dancing, screaming, singing and throwing things! I literally got thrown into the front row and made eye contact with a ton of the band members, I also got a sweaty mustache shirt thrown at me from the lead singer/guitarist who was wearing it (I gagged because it smelled horrible, but it was worth it!) and got elbowed in the ribs, a gypsy boy lassoed me with his scarf ( I told him to stop because I got fed up with it!) got a guitar pick thrown at my face! just when I thought the concert could get any more crazy, a guy in a chicken suit went up on stage and started dancing all crazy, and then they had the lead singer/guitarist go on a huge drum and instead of crowd surfing he was drum surfing the crowd was carrying the huge drum and he was bashing the drum up and spilling his wine everywhere! I felt sorry for the people who got drenched with the wine!! (I was glad that I got to be one of the lucky people to hold the drum!) I was like :surprised: It was such a wild concert experience! :laugh:
Last edited by dulcecorazon98 on 15 Oct 2012 20:04, edited 2 times in total.

Brianna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Brianna » 19 Sep 2012 20:13

These are so interesting!

At the last SP show I went to, there was some drunk guy that I watched go through the line to get stuff signed (the only guy in the ENTIRE place with dreadlocks) and then came back without a shirt on and pretended to be a different guy.... I was like....really...? THAT'S NOT OBVIOUS AT ALL :laugh: Then I looked over later and he tried to get in line again with his shirt back on. Seems legit :wink:

I nearly got blown away in a windstorm when I went to Wyoming....Wyoming was beautiful and I would totally move to the town I was in because I absolutely LOVED it, but that was TERRIFYING. The security was holding down the merch tent with huge stakes in the ground and telling people to duck for cover because they were about to lose it to the wind :surprised: My leg was bleeding from getting hit with debris and my hair that I paid to get done for the show was going STRAIGHT back. It was hilarious. Then the rest of security was off chasing a kangaroo because his enclosure was blown away :lmao:
Not anywhere near as funny as a lot of these stories but in the moment all I could do was laugh. Even all 8 or 9 of the security guards holding down the tent were cracking up at their radios going off for backup to get the kangaroo. :laugh:

Katy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Katy » 22 Sep 2012 13:39

One of my faves is the look Emma had on her face after this drunk woman tried kissing her cheek. I thought she was going to take her out! It wasn't so good for Emma, but in retrospect, I find it hilarious.

Return to “Random”