Just wanted to thank you all..

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
katie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Just wanted to thank you all..

Unread postby katie » 04 Nov 2012 20:13

I wasn't sure where else to say this so I figured I'd write this here.. a few days ago I was in a pretty bad car accident. I was with my bf and his friend who was driving a little too fast on a dirt road. He lost control of the car and we flipped three times and landed in a swamp, in the middle of nowhere. We all survived with some deep cuts and lots of bruises (I also got hypothermia). I thought I had the least of the injuries until I found out that an artery had been cut in my arm. The only reason Im alive right now is because the dead leaves that got stuck in my cut covered wound and held back the bleeding.

It's kind of a hard thing to wrap my mind around. There are so many what if's. The doctors said they had never seen three kids survive a crash like that, especially because my boyfriend and I didn't have our seatbelts on. I don't know how or why I survived but the accident has given me a totally fresh outlook on my life. And I feel like I should start by thanking some people I almost didn't get the chance to thank.

A couple of years ago, I had not a single friend. My life revolved around online classes, work, and.. the lovely World Crew. During that time you guys were the only people I had to talk to, you helped me feel so much less alone. I lived through the forum and from Sick Puppies concert to concert. There was nothing like hanging out with other world crew members after a show, and of course, getting a chance to talk to the band. With out you all, I don't know how I would have survived after being rejected by everyone else. So I just wanted to thank you all for giving me a reason to smile even during my worst of days. I love you all :smile:

stephb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Just wanted to thank you all..

Unread postby stephb » 04 Nov 2012 20:24

Wow Katie that sounds like a horrible accident. I am so happy that you all survived. I hope the recovery goes fast. My thoughts are with you.

Steph

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 04 Nov 2012 20:33

OMG! That is terrifying! I'm so glad to hear that you guys are all (for the most part) ok.

Heather

Unread postby Heather » 04 Nov 2012 23:36

Wow, Katie, that's awful!!! So glad all of you made it through that. I hope you recover really quickly. :hug:

~Heather

08-15-08: New Orleans 08-16-08: Tupelo 04-18-09: Nashville 10-14-09: Little Rock 10-23-09: Nashville 04-22-10: Jackson 07-13-10: Memphis 08-11-10: Little Rock 09-10-10: Nashville 04-30-11: Memphis 09-20-13: Little Rock 09-27-13: Nashville 03-25-17: Clarksville

ValentinThirteen
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby ValentinThirteen » 05 Nov 2012 04:47

Oh my :(
I wish you all a safe recovery! :hug:

"I wish that things were still the way they used to be... but only for a day just so I could say that I remember you."

Katy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Katy » 05 Nov 2012 06:44

Wow, thank you for sharing that with all of us. :hug: I will pray that all of you will recover as quickly as possible!

We love you too! Thanks for being a part of such an awesome family!! :hug:

*J*
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby *J* » 05 Nov 2012 07:51

Wow,Katie! You need a big :hug: ! We are always here for you!

chandra
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby chandra » 05 Nov 2012 08:58

Wow, that's so scary! Hugs to you all! :hug:

Feel free to come hang out with me on the book of faces: http://www.facebook.com/chandra.sylvio

RenzoN
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby RenzoN » 05 Nov 2012 09:14

That sounds horrible!! Glad you all survived it and hope you will recover soon :comfort:

04/09/11 Amsterdam - 06/17/11 Haarlem - 06/21/11 Dortmund - 06/22/11 Eindhoven - 09/07/13 Eugene - 09/09/13 San Francisco - 09/11/13 West Hollywood - 09/12/13 Anaheim - 09/13/13 Las Vegas - 04/18/14 Amsterdam - 04/19/14 Paris - 04/21/14 Birmingham - 04/22/14 Manchester - 04/24/14 London

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 05 Nov 2012 10:04

OMGosh Katie! That sounds horrible! I am so happy to hear that you're "ok" (alive?) now. Sending prayers for a speedy recovery. I am so happy that I had the opportunity to meet you and hang out a few times. We need to do that again soon!

Shim: You don't like Rage Against the Machine?
Me: I like one song.
Shim: Which one?
Me: Bulls on Parade.
Shim: F%&* off! HAHA

Snowmonkies
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Snowmonkies » 05 Nov 2012 17:45

Holy cow that sounds horrifying! It's wonderful that you survived, I hope you get fully recovered soon!

Hedgehogs for days

katie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby katie » 05 Nov 2012 20:38

Thanks everybody :hug: I was really lucky to have a couple days to recover with my boyfriend but now im back to work which has been a bit rough. Ill survive.

Oh and Jami, I can't wait to hang out at another concert too!

Shamrock
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Shamrock » 07 Nov 2012 19:43

That's awful, Katie! We are glad you survived!

Return to “Random”