Hockey Fans

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
BrettL
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Hockey Fans

Unread postby BrettL » 28 Oct 2008 14:24

well i figured id start a thread about hockey since its that time of the season!

i absolutly love the Red Wings (MI's home team) they just signed Marian Hossa off the Pitsburgh Penguins for a one year contract. id say if you put Pavel Datsuyk and Hossa on the same line with one of their other star players, including Nik Lindstrom, Henrik Zetterberg, etc, they can have a huge advantage in both offense and defense. feel free to discuss your love of hockey here :biggrin:
Last edited by BrettL on 04 Nov 2008 12:44, edited 1 time in total.

:moon:

Sheila
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: Hockey Fans

Unread postby Sheila » 28 Oct 2008 15:49

I used to be a big fan of hockey... but then my favorite player, Patrick Roy retired :cry: I dunno.. it just wasn't the same for me.

I started liking him probably before you were even born Brett :laugh: *feels SUPER old writing that* He was playing for the Montreal Canadians back then. I still remember watching the final with my Dad in 1993 when they won. After that a bunch of stuff happened and he was traded over to the Colorado Avalanche. I really liked him so my new favorite team became the Av's. I followed them very closely up until he retired. I still wear my Av's jersey every now and then. :tongue:

Now I'm more of a casual fan... I know whats going on with the Habs only because I live here and basically this city eats hockey for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I think the all-star game is here this year... too bad tickets are sooo expensive.

I must admit, this city is awesome when it comes to the playoffs.. they go crazy :crazy:

Jamie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Jamie » 28 Oct 2008 18:30

My goodness I am a hockey addict! In fact Im watching the Lightning and Leafs game on my computer. I went to the LIghtning/Sharks game on Saturday, and it was an embarrassing loss. We traded Brad Lukowich and Dan Boyle to the Sharks in July. Danny and Luk were my favorite defenseman! When they were announced paired on the starting line, the entire arena started cheering.

I love talking hockey!!!

BrettL
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby BrettL » 28 Oct 2008 18:44

i hate to say this to you Sheila but i hate the Av's. after the 97' brawl with the wings, i totally hated Roy, and i especially hate Lemiux. after the cheap hit into the bench on Draper and the look an McCarty's face i knew it wouldnt end there. it was cool watching Vernon and Roy fighting haha. when Roy tried to come into McCarty and Lemuix, i love how Draper just pretty much body-slammed him haha.

so in conclusion, i hate the Av's (sorry Sheila)

Sheila
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Sheila » 28 Oct 2008 19:10

not an AV's fan :shocked: *bans Brett* :tongue:

I completely understand. If I was a red wings fan... i would hate Patty as well :tongue: . I will agree with you though.. watching that fight was funny. Actually I'm amused whenever any goalie gets into a fight...they just have so many pads on..its comical.

Boo to the maple leafs :angrytongue: (sorry..its a montreal vs toronto thing...it will never end)

Jamie, I love going to games too. The atmosphere is amazing! * thinks she really should go to another game soon*

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 28 Oct 2008 19:29

As much as I dislike the Red Wings (I am a Penguins fan being from PA and having their AHL team practically in my backyard), I do love their goalie Ty Conklin. I met him last year when he was with Pitt's AHL team, the Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguins. He is honestly one of the nicest guys I've ever met before!!

Hockey games are soo incredibly electrifying! They are full of energy and there is never a stop in action. Gotta love it!! :smile:

Shim: You don't like Rage Against the Machine?
Me: I like one song.
Shim: Which one?
Me: Bulls on Parade.
Shim: F%&* off! HAHA

Stacey
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Stacey » 28 Oct 2008 19:30

Big Avs fan here. "Home town" team for me. Big Big Roy fan. Something missing since he retired that's for sure.

Sassy, Classy And A Little Smart Assy

5/31/07-Denver~8/5/08-Casper~8/20/08-Denver~9/8/09-CO Springs~9/9/09-Denver~10/23/09-Nashville~5/12/10-CO Springs~5/13/10-Denver~4/22/11-Casper~7/27/11-Cheyenne~10/16/11-Las Vegas~10/12/12-Casper~10/13/12-Denver~6/22/13-North Platte~9/3/13-Denver~12/13/13-CO Springs~3/10/14-Denver~5/1/16-Jacksonville~12/8/16-Omaha~3/2/17-Billings~4/30/17-Henderson, NV

tonymony13
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby tonymony13 » 28 Oct 2008 19:59

I have to admit that I'm an absolute Red Wings fan. I keep my phone with me at work and get text updates. Almost got caught a few times. :smile:

"Cards are a nice sentiment, but I mean, everyone just wants the loot!" ~Shim

ampskeeter22
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby ampskeeter22 » 31 Oct 2008 18:02

I love hockey! Hawks are my home team so their my favorite. And as far as AHL the Chicago Wolves are always in the top teams they have won so many turner and calder cups, and they treat their fans so well. Oh and i also play hockey so its kinda hard not to love my Hawks and Wolves :biggrin:

On a quest for SP world domination :crazy:

Matthew
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Matthew » 01 Nov 2008 23:12

Sheila
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Sheila » 02 Nov 2008 07:44

BrettL
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby BrettL » 02 Nov 2008 08:29

^^or Stevie Yzerman. he was legend for the Wings

Sheila
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Sheila » 02 Nov 2008 09:58

he was. Even as an AV's fan, I can honestly say that he was a great player... not to mention all the great work he did/does with Team Canada

Matthew
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Matthew » 02 Nov 2008 11:34

ampskeeter22
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby ampskeeter22 » 02 Nov 2008 16:28

Sheila
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Sheila » 02 Nov 2008 16:51

tis a little hockey scene...

Jamie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Jamie » 02 Nov 2008 16:57

Ive gone to games last Saturday and this Saturday. It is amazing! The Lightning are doing a promotion for college student to buy single game tickets at the office a few hours before the game starts. For $20 each, Ive been able to sit less than 10 rows from the ice! Last week when we lost miserably to San Jose I was center ice, and this week I was right along the red line for the home goalie. It was phenomenal!!! Last night's game was the best I've ever been to! It went to 8 rounds of a shoot out and was won right in front of us!!! Im still in awe :smile:

Matthew
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Matthew » 02 Nov 2008 17:52

ampskeeter22
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby ampskeeter22 » 04 Nov 2008 08:26

Cassandra
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cassandra » 14 Dec 2008 02:44

I like the Wild and the Penguins. So of course I hate Dallas. Im not a real Avalanche fan. My uncle is actually knows Mark Parrish. (I have no clue what team he plays for now.)
Last edited by Cassandra on 19 Aug 2009 23:09, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Random”