Piercings

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
Becky
Founder
Founder
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Piercings

Unread postby Becky » 19 Mar 2009 17:46

Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Donna » 19 Mar 2009 17:55

looks awesome !

I believe in nothing, not the day and not the dark. I believe in nothing but the beating of our hearts

nicolenice
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby nicolenice » 20 Mar 2009 07:54

Lisa
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Lisa » 20 Mar 2009 08:37

Very cool Nicole! It looks great!

Crystal
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Crystal » 20 Mar 2009 21:10

Nicole, I LOVE the new piercing! It looks awesome!

To everyone else, thanks so much for the kind words about my job although as SOON as I got back from Florida, apparently they realized they couldn't live without me and asked me to come back to a full 40 hours... Not only that but a promotion into a managerial position! :shocked: Lol, so things worked out pretty well!!

Of the 22 total piercings I've had (hahaha... yea, bet you guys had no idea... :tongue: ) I would have to admit that my tongue piercing was definitely the worst pain-wise. But I have a lot of friends that have tongue piercings that said it wasn't that bad, so I think y'know, it kinda depends on how sensitive a particular part of your body is. And if you go to a good piercer, they will fit you with an appropriately lengthed barbell so that you don't hit it on your teeth. :smile:

Becky - yea, I wasn't too sure about the barbell vs. hoop but I'm glad I did the barbell. It's been PERFECT and hasn't hurt once sleeping on it or on my phone like they said might happen but there have been a couple times that, because it doesn't hurt at all, I've jammed a stethoscope in my ear completely forgetting about it and totally making myself bleed! Ouch, lol.

But I'm about to switch out both piercings to the desired jewelry and at that point I will try to get a pic up for everyone. :biggrin:

Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Donna » 20 Mar 2009 21:12

22 :surprised: damn girl :cool:

I believe in nothing, not the day and not the dark. I believe in nothing but the beating of our hearts

Crystal
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Crystal » 20 Mar 2009 21:14

ROFLMAO! Yea... You're talking to a masochist, hahaha!

Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Donna » 20 Mar 2009 21:17

lol... I wish I had the pain threshold that you do !

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 20 Mar 2009 22:14

Missy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Missy » 19 Apr 2009 20:48

I know I'm kinda late here... But I was curious Nicole... How long did it take before you were able to change the jewelery in that lip piercing? I was debating getting it done, but I can't wear it at work so I would have to change it to the clear type and I need to know how long it would be before I would be able to change it... Did that make sense? LOL

nicolenice
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby nicolenice » 20 Apr 2009 09:44

Missy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Missy » 20 Apr 2009 10:52

Thanks! :hug: I'm trying to get as many opinions as I can before I make a decision... I have a week vacation in August, which will actually be 11 days in a row, so if I decide to do it, that'll be the time LOL I dnt know though... You kinda scared me hehe But I think I heal pretty quick. I knocked myself pretty good on the nose (had to go to the doctor and everything) and it was healed over with no scab in less than a week... So yeah... I still don't know

Joseppi
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Joseppi » 20 Apr 2009 16:05

I've been pierced 8 times altogether. I've have my left ear pierced 6 times since I was 11. And one time I had it pierced twice as well as one in my right and my lip. I haven't had any more piercings since 2007.

I now have zero and don't plan on getting anymore because I have keloid. For those of you who don't know what keloid is, it's a weird condition where your scars heal over and over. I can't have a piercing out for long before it grows back in. The last time I had to take them out for surgery and they filled back in. I'm tired of wasting money on piercings especially when every time I get something re-pierced it hurts worse than the last time because it's going through scar tissue.

I'd like to get a tattoo eventually, but I have to find a spot that doesn't have a keloid.

Missy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Missy » 20 Apr 2009 19:16

Woooooow I've never heard of that! :surprised: Is it a disease, or what? It sounds like a disease when you say "I have keloid", but it just sounds to me like you heal really fast! :noclue:

I don't know if I've mentioned this here before, but I have had my navel pierced twice. The first time the jewelery ate it's way through my skin little by little til you could see the barbel through my skin... Then it just like fell out! So I did it again thinking that the scar tissue would prevent that from happening again (and yeah, it hurt a lot worse that time)... But I was wrong! It was like it was ripped out, but without the pain and only a little bit each day. Really weird...

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 20 Apr 2009 19:51

^^^ Ouch!! :surprised: I thought about getting mine pierced. There is a lot of cute jewelry out there for navels. I'm not sure, though. It kind of seems like it would be a pain in the ass to have done. Too much risk of injury. Maybe I'll just do it for the summer.

Joseppi
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Joseppi » 20 Apr 2009 20:27

Missy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Missy » 20 Apr 2009 23:01

Becky, the navel is an absolute PAIN to clean! Or at least it was when I had mine done... I had to take a little Dixie cup and put sea salt water in it, bend over it, then quickly turn around to submerse the piercing in the water... Needless to say I spilled a few times :laugh:

Joseppi- I looked up some pics for Keloid and :surprised: :shocked: If I were you, I would be GRATEFUL that you don't have anything close to that lol

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 21 Apr 2009 04:41

nicolenice
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby nicolenice » 21 Apr 2009 07:56

Missy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Missy » 21 Apr 2009 11:15

Return to “Random”