Canadians

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
Kemmy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Canadians

Unread postby Kemmy » 04 May 2008 18:58

Shamrock: I totally agree. It doesn't make sense to me that most bands shun the other many parts of Canada. When bands do go to cities other than MTL or Toronto, they tend to sell out so I never understood why they don't go elsewhere :-/

Tara: I think I may have to check them out the next time they come here. Finger 11 is kind of a weird band to see live because Scott has a really weird look on his face and everyone else but the bassist act kind of strangely. Next time you watch them take a close look at the drummer ???

Sheila: beautiful men, much more beautiful in person, I totally agree. Definitely a worth the melting of igloos.
Last edited by Kemmy on 04 May 2008 18:58, edited 1 time in total.

Shamrock
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Canadians

Unread postby Shamrock » 04 May 2008 22:01

I didn't even realized David Usher was Canadian :P

I love Our Lady Peace though. Raine is amazing. Also, I love Chantal too, they're one wicked couple. :)

From what I've heard, Finger 11 just gets so smashed before and during being on stage that there's just no hope for them performance wise.

Kemmy: Well it's just because Toronto and Montreal are just across the lake. Much Music is in Toronto. I don't know what's in Montreal, because it's all top secret and in French so no one in Canada really knows whats going on there, and it's really suspicious, but you've got your Celine Dion and the sort coming out of there so they make sure to hit up both cities and voila "We toured Canada." :P
Last edited by Shamrock on 04 May 2008 22:11, edited 1 time in total.

tara
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Canadians

Unread postby tara » 05 May 2008 04:40

Celine Dion, haha
she was supposed to have a show in Halifax but cancelled because there "was too much negative media" about it.
buuuut really, it's because there is a thing happening in Quebec that night that she would rather be at.

Kemmy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Canadians

Unread postby Kemmy » 05 May 2008 10:44

Our Lady Peace is one of my favourite bands. Raine's and Chantal's kids are SO lucky... imagine the lullabies they must get!

Shamrock: Haha, I never knew Montreal was considered 'top secret.' I'm not sure what we have... we have the french version of much music (musique plus) but that's about it... apparently there's a lot to do here...I don't do much of it because I kind of stick to routine...but every city has things to offer...I think I'm just rambling :P

oh, Celine.... (yes, we are on a first name basis :P)

tara

Canadians

Unread postby tara » 05 May 2008 12:14

yea, Halifax has Theodore The Tugboat!!! hahaha

Kemmy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Canadians

Unread postby Kemmy » 05 May 2008 12:59

tara

Canadians

Unread postby tara » 05 May 2008 15:08

hahaha, what kid didn't watch that back in the early 90's?

and yay! i got my Simple Plan, Faber Drive, and All American Rejects ticket today :)

Sheila
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Canadians

Unread postby Sheila » 05 May 2008 17:07

David is one fine Canadian :) and Chantal is one lucky chick.

I guess Finger Eleven being drunk on stage makes sense. I dunno..when I saw them live, the drummer freaked me out. He just makes these crazy faces..and I swear, at one point he was just staring at me :o. I was soooo weirded out. I didnt know what to do...I just stared back. I recently bought the dvd, Us vs.Then vs. Now and couldnt help laughing when ever they showed him. What was even more strange was when I met him after the show...he was so chill.

I heard about Celine and that cancelled show in Halifax...but I thought they were trying to work it out?

Theodore Tugboat was awesome. 8-)

Congrats on getting the ticket. It seems like it would be a good show. hmm...maybe I'll get tickets.

Shamrock
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Canadians

Unread postby Shamrock » 05 May 2008 18:56

Tara: I've only seen a few episodes maybe.... but I had farmer vision back in the day. We didn't get much :P

Kemmy: That's it? Well I could only assume it was Top Secret since I don't pay attention, it made a good excuse.

Have any of you heard of Magneta Lane?

Sheila
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Canadians

Unread postby Sheila » 05 May 2008 20:28

the name is really familiar. Are they any good?

Kemmy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Canadians

Unread postby Kemmy » 05 May 2008 20:33

it's kind of weird that the guys of finger 11 are crazy onstage but right after the show they are so subdued...i guess they get rid of all their energy while they perform

Shamrock: yeah, that's about it...well, except for poutine, bagels, french, and smoked meat, Montreal is just like every other city :P ... and I don't even eat any of them!

I've never heard of Magneta Lane, I checked them out and they seem worth a listen. Are they touring?

Tara: yea for concert tickets!
Last edited by Kemmy on 05 May 2008 20:40, edited 1 time in total.

Shamrock
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Canadians

Unread postby Shamrock » 06 May 2008 01:50

Kemmy: but we have bagels, poutine and whatnot in the rest of Canada too!

I was just asking because they're from Canada, and I had this random memory in my brain that maybe they were French :P But then I checked it out after asking and it's just one of the girls is called French. But they're based out of Toronto. I don't really think the singer has the greatest voice :P Buut, I randomly bought the cd one day when I was in Calgary, because it was a chickband and I was curious and the cover lured me in. It's different, but after I listened to it a few times it became rather catchy. So I enjoy them occasionally. Since you guys are on the east, I was just wondering if anyones ever even heard of them. Cause no one around here has.
Last edited by Shamrock on 06 May 2008 01:50, edited 1 time in total.

tara

Canadians

Unread postby tara » 06 May 2008 03:49

i've heard of them, but that's about it

Kemmy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Canadians

Unread postby Kemmy » 06 May 2008 08:19

Shamrock: yeah, we're not special :P

Their name sounded a bit familiar but when I looked them up I realized I didn't know anything about them. On their website their songs are playing in the background. I think I will check it out.

Sheila
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Canadians

Unread postby Sheila » 06 May 2008 22:18

but the rest of canada puts any kind of cheese in the poutine.....not the special awesome kind :P

Shamrock
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Canadians

Unread postby Shamrock » 06 May 2008 23:11

Oh, well I wouldn't know since I've never had Quebec Poutine :P Now I feel like I'll have to just to check it out.
Last edited by Shamrock on 06 May 2008 23:11, edited 1 time in total.

Sheila
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Canadians

Unread postby Sheila » 07 May 2008 18:07

you should....they are yummeh

Kemmy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Canadians

Unread postby Kemmy » 07 May 2008 18:08

true, it's all about the cheese curds

Sheila
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Canadians

Unread postby Sheila » 07 May 2008 18:12

mmm.....cheese curds......wait...that doesnt sound tempting... :-X

trust us.. they are delish

Kemmy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Canadians

Unread postby Kemmy » 07 May 2008 21:12

there's a survey out on the 10 most stylish cities in the world; there isn't one Canadian city on that list :(

I guess I expected it, though.

Return to “Random”